Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

OK, here's one I have never seen before. Maybe someone who also owns a 2012 Cruiser 335SS can help me out.
I was sanitizing the water system through the fresh water holding tank and battery pump. After filling the tank with sanitizing solution I started the battery water pump. It filled the hot water tank, and then shut down as normal. I then started to run the solution through the lavatory taps (furthest away) and after a few spurts, the pump quit and the flow stopped. I thought pump thermal overload and left it for an hour or so to reset. After a couple of hours, I tried again. The pump ran immediately until the lines were full and shut off. I tried the taps at the bathroom sink again and not flow. I then tried the kitchen taps and no flow.
I then hooked up the city water and tried the same taps and still no flow. It did however fill the hot water tank again which I had drained, and the outside shower taps worked just fine.
I drained the whole system and pulled the battery pump to see if I could find anything. I couldn't but I'm no expert and it's Sunday in Canada. Very little gets done on Sunday.
I reinstalled the battery pump, filled the fresh water tank and turned on the pump. It ran fine, filled the hot water tank, ran the outside shower, sends water to the toilet, and the shower inside, but no water to the bathroom sink or kitchen sink! The bathroom shower comes off the same lines as the sink and it works fine. The kitchen lines are fed through the under part of the trailer somewhere. These taps do not have shutoffs on the lines so I am completely baffled.
Any ideas?? I have winterized and sanitized this system every year and have never seen this before.
TosorontioWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

That is a mystery. Any possibility the sink faucet screens are blocked with sediment? I generally by- pass my water heater for winterizing and sanatizing. I flush the WH seperatly as they do develope sediment . My best guess.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

X 2. Remove the strainers on your taps first to check to see if flow is restricted. I have the opposite problem right now my battery operated pump won't shut off and just spurts and stops out of the taps. I obviously have a leak or loose fitting in the lift side of the pump but haven't been able to find it yet. I am going to recrimp the lines. First time the pump was used obviously is with me testing it so if I can't figure it out its going to be in the shop for warranty. I'd rather not pull off the whole underside of the trailer to trace it to the tank.

Our pumps do have an adjustable pressure switch. If you look up the model online the instructions show how to adjust the cutoff. You may need to raise your cutoff pressure a bit.

Doesn't make sense that no water is coming out under city pressure though. But you probably use a pressure reducer like I do so the only thing I can see is plugged strainers in the taps.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Can't be any type of blockage in a single water line or issue with the 12v pump or city water line. If both hot and cold work at the outside shower but neither work at the inside faucets. So, most likely the aerators are clogged from sediment/mineral deposits that broke loose from the water heater.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

As you know that is my guess Larry. Hope that is the simple solution. TosorontioWanderer let us know how it goes.</span>
Old 07-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Well, how embarassed can one get! I was so busy thinking something major, I couldn't see the forest for the trees!

10 mins and a litlle cleaning and everything runs like a top. Both Aerators plugged with soda? or some other substance that calcified. Have no idea why the strainers did not cross my mind. It would have if it was a household tap. Another lesson learned.

Thanks for all your help, Lord knows when I would have finally gotten around to the strainers. Even though our water is always filtered, I guess the hot water heater causes a little calcification even when it's flushed and sanitized every year.

TosorontioWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

This is why I have one of the items below. I drain our HW tank yearly and use this to flush it out. You would be surprised at what will come out that has accumulated over the year from different water supplies at different parks. Very easy to use and well worth the effort.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-rinser/49070
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I would also recommend a good water filter for the fresh water supply.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear it was an easy fix.
Go Well.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Glad we all post our "problems" - one of us usually has a fix. Ordering one of the hot water tank rinse wands tonight.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the post. Will drain W/H tomorrow. Since we been in living in it for 6 months now. And everything is working like it should.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote