Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

The rear windows on my 06 CF29CK have leaked. Last year I noticed the right window filled up with water in the bottom and spilled over, ran down the wall onto the carpet. Some say you have to remove the glass from the frame by removing the rubber gasket, re-seal the glass where it meets the flange, then re-install the glass. I'm sure this would take care of it but I opted for the quick fix which has now worked very well for over a year. We just returned from a trip where it rained for 4 days and chased us home two days early and there was no leak from the right window.However now the left window had water laying in the frame and I have now sealed it using my quick method.

Buy some 100% silicone from any hardware or automotive store.Run about a 1/8 inch wide bead of it all the way around the window on the outside right at the junction of the glass and the black rubber gasket. Take your finger and gently spreadthe silicone out to makeit taper by running all the way around the glass in one continuous motion. Use caution in not applying too much silicone. Too much will make it spread out onto the glass and look like a crappy repair. It does not take a lot of silicone to seal things. Silicone sticks well to glass and rubber. You can use black or clear silicone. This is an easy fix that works and if done correctly is very hard to notice.

Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
I'm glad I found this post. We had a hard driving rain here the other night, it was raining directly into the rear of my 32BL. The next day I happened to go inside and found water in the sills of the 2 windows that flank my large window. I will try this fix first and see what happens.

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

had same problem on our 07SK....
** MEMBER of the MASON-DIXON BUNCH **
** MEMBER of the Northeast Adventure Rally Group **
** MEMBER of the Montana Owners **
** MEMBER of Jayco Owners forum **
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
So far so good, there was a little gap in the rubber gasket around the window itself, looks like it had shrunk. Put a little silicone in the gap and seems to have stopped the leak.

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote