Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Hey, don't include me in the free for all. In this case I agree with Farmer but also respect Mike's opinion.Just remember, opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one and/or is one. These forums are way too important to make things personal.Can't we all just get along?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Getting along is good.

I'm new to the 5th wheel world so when I got mine, I got the PullRite Superglide (slides automagically, more or less). Probably more of a gadget than anything but it does prevent the occasional lapse where sliding would be good and you forget. The downside is that it's a whole lot more expensive than the others (mine was part of the deal when I got the fiver) and takes an adapter plate on the pinbox. You have to be careful when you get close to the 90° point as things break if you go past that (I guess that happens regardless).

What I haven't got yet is a new tailgate (louvered). I haven't managed to modify the factory stock one but I do take it off when I hook up.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

In 5 yearsI've never needed a slider...and never have had one. The new 2009 cap design has the rounded corners which drastically increases the turning angle. I guess I've never had the need to put my Cruiser in a 90 degree angle...just saying.

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

I didn't make my statement to argue and Mike does know my camper I cant' even hook at an angle without hitting so I use my slider. I also know Mikes camper an he does not need to.Let's get back on subject.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Slider no slider I just wish that everyone would stop yelling at each other it makes it hard for me to hear the voices in my head

I had nothing constructive to add but I do think that everyone should smile.Edited by: SWAILES

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Great choice on your home away from home!! welcome to the forum as well hope to see ya at the Crossroads Rally in Indiana either in July or A ug!!! karen & larry serantoni
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote