Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Sorry, I forgot to use the quotes. My last post was in response to normanm's post.

And welcome to the forum normanm.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Sure doesn't sound like the Crossroads I know. They may decline coverage but they'd never tell you they don't warranty the axles. They did on mine (remember, Im the one who started this thread?). Crossroads has always been a stand up company in covering items.

Thanks for joining the forum, too. I look forward to your future postings/contributions.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
New Camper

Thanks guys for your suggestions I will take your advice. I am surprised at the poor customer satisfaction I have had from Crossroads and I have made a point of being as polite as I can, so it is not like I have offended anyone. I just can't seem to deal with anyone technical who might be able to understand my point of view. They seem to be contracts sort of people.
normanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Talk to Randy, he can and will get as technical as you need him to be. You are probably talking to a warranty rep that does the contracting and paperwork and may not be that technically knowledgeable. Randy knows the nuts and bolts and you won't get to him unless you ask for him.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Agreed, Randy knows these units inside and out and can sleep walk build one of these things.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #26
New Camper

Thanks guys for your direction we will see what happens.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

I had another axle issue resolved again, this time the axle didn't separate, but both ends of the rear axle collapsed. CR was no help as my unit is 2 year out of factory warranty and 1 year out of Lippert warranty, but the dealer was able to get Lippert send out a free replacement axle and cover 1.75hrs of labor. I was on the hook for 1.25 hours of labor.

I spoke with Lippert myself after hearing from dealer to find out why I'm having issues with the same axle 2x now. Lippert suggested maybe I'm overloaded. Which is impossible to do based on my unit unless I hand load stone, bricks, steel blocks, etc. Lippert then suggested maybe I'm nose high creating to much weight on the rear. Actually I'm nose down, and haven't had a issue with the front in over 4 years (20,000) miles of towing. Conversation ended with your getting a replacement, and we can't be of anymore service. I'm thinking theirs some sort of design flaw between CR and Lippert to many of the same problems.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #28
New Camper

Interesting story Salda01 sounds a bit like mine as far as trying to deal with CR, it seemed to me they wanted to distance themselves from my problem. I am dealing with Lippert now and we will see what happens.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #29
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01
I had another axle issue resolved again, this time the axle didn't separate, but both ends of the rear axle collapsed. CR was no help as my unit is 2 year out of factory warranty and 1 year out of Lippert warranty, but the dealer was able to get Lippert send out a free replacement axle and cover 1.75hrs of labor. I was on the hook for 1.25 hours of labor.

I spoke with Lippert myself after hearing from dealer to find out why I'm having issues with the same axle 2x now. Lippert suggested maybe I'm overloaded. Which is impossible to do based on my unit unless I hand load stone, bricks, steel blocks, etc. Lippert then suggested maybe I'm nose high creating to much weight on the rear. Actually I'm nose down, and haven't had a issue with the front in over 4 years (20,000) miles of towing. Conversation ended with your getting a replacement, and we can't be of anymore service. I'm thinking theirs some sort of design flaw between CR and Lippert to many of the same problems.

Sorry, Unless you have somescale readings to back you up I willhave to side with Lippert. Most of us that have gone to the scales have had a surprise. As for being nose low I am having a problem with that, in that you show a 07 F250 in your picture. Most of us that have Cruisers have found it almost impossible to tow level andmaintain at least 6 inches of clearance. I would need to see a hitched picture of your setup to accept your nose low statement.

rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer
I would need to see a hitched picture of your setup to accept your nose low statement.
I know I don't have any current photos, but I'll try and dig up a photo I have from about 2 years ago with the truck/ trailer and bikes on the rear. In that photo my unit is pretty dang level and that was without the truck bed full of wood that we usually carry.

'08 CF30QB

Old 12-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

Here's an older photo that was taken in the Rushmore Area. In this photo you'll see the unit is pretty dang level, considering the 2 adult bikes on the rear, 1/3 tank of fresh water in the rear and no firewood in the bed.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/img]

Edited by: salda01

'08 CF30QB

Old 12-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #32
New Camper

I have been trying todeal to Lippert, talk about a waste of time. I would like to contact this Randy fellow at CR but don't have his email address. If anyone would like to pass it along to me I would be thankful. Rather than put it out on the net feel free to send it to my email address, nmacpherson@sasktel.net.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

He doesn't have an email, you need to call Crossroads and ask for Randy at the service center.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

Norman, I might still have his email addressat work I will check tomorrow and see. If I do I will email it to you.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

I emailedRandy using this address; service@crossroadsrv.comand put "Attention Randy Mitchler" in the subject. He got the email. Two days later I followed up with a phone call to discuss the issues. His number is 260 593 2866.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

Old 01-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #36
New Camper

My tires on the right side are hitting the bottom of the rv , do you think the axles are bent ? (no I did not overload my f-w)

Also I've seen some other holes in the suspention bracket are they for lifting the trailer ?
radrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #37
Full Time Camper

Suspension bracket? Are you meaning the leaf springs or EquaFlex? I don't recall any holes on any suspension parts regardless.

When my axles collasped the compression was were the leaf spring mounted on the axle. If you do a search you'll find some pictures of the set-up and were others had the same problem.

'08 CF30QB

Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #38
New Camper

Well I guess I need to bring you guys up to date on my Lippert axle problem. After I finished my winter vacation in AZ I went to Spectrac Suspensionin Masa and had my problem axle alinged. Took no time at all and was not expensive. This is a great outfit and they know what they are doing. The 5er towed a whole lot better going back to Canada and there is no uneven tire wear. I am still not happy with the support from Crossroads as the alingment proves it was a defect from day one on the 5er that should have been corrected by them or the dealer while it was under warranty for sure, however I need to be fair, after a lot of needless complaining and emails back and forth Crossroads sent me a cheque before the alingment that in the end covered 3/4 ofmy cost. Lippert now is a whole other issue, talk about poor support. They were no help at all but I guess when you have thousands of crappy axles out there you don't want to have to pay to fix them all.

I asked the manager of the Spectrac shop what the actual problem with the axle was as Lippert insisted it was in spec.when it was repalaced in 2008. And he said " I don't know, all I know isit is a peice of crap but it is now tuned to your trailer".

My advice buy only trailers equipedwith Dexter Axles.

Normanm