Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Seems kind of silly doesn't it, to celebrate the date of the trailer's birth?

As I emptied the tanks on the camper after a glorious Memorial Day weekend I gazed at the label on the side of the trailer proclaiming it's birth date; me and the Cruiser are coming up on two years already.

The Cruiser has seen many miles, mostly trouble-free. Last year I traveled from Maine to New Mexico, stopped in Indiana with her for a checkup and then back to Maine. In addition, the Cruiser has seen numerous New England trips and travels.

One thing that has always impressed me is the Crossroads dedication to customer service. Last season I had a few day/night shades re-strung due to fraying lines. Cruiser covered the repair with no questions asked (on my prior Sunnybrook they would have claimed normal wear/tear and denied the claim...). Well, this past weekend one of the re-strung shades broke again. My local dealer has moved onto another brand and so I called Crossroads a little while ago. A smiling voice greeted me on the phone and we had a good chuckle over me wrestling the shade back into place and using a clothes pin to hold it in place. The nice voice on the phone informed me she would be more then happy to send out a full replacement as long as I didn't mind installing it. Hey, no problem here, Crossroads just saved me 20$ in gas both ways!

I really love this trailer more and more everyday, it's just a great product and I hope Crossroads keeps innovating and improving the Crossroads Cruiser line with new floorplans, options, and quality build standards.

Cheers to two years!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

The folks at Crossroads are fantastic. It is great to hear the there are others having the same good experiences that we have had over the last year. Our dealer abandoned us but Crossroads stepped up to the plate to make everything good. Enjoy year three!

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Thanks! Our dealer abandoned us, too - seems to be a common issue in the industry. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Crossroads has been very supportive in any issue I had including a factory visit on my way thru last year.

I am still holding out some ray of hope that they will bring back the 31SB with a master bedroom slidewiththe rear bunk room sporting an outside kitchen!!!! Are you listening my Crossroads friends!?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

FYI - FEDEX just showed up at my door with the shade that I called about Monday and a return box/label.

Great service, yet again, from Crossroads.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We've really enjoyed our 32BL. We just got back from our 3rd trip to the Destin, Florida in the unit. You'll have to read my above post about my Pummell Drive unit giving up the ghost. I remember you having trouble with yours and Crossroads replaced itwith a Jensen unit. I'm hoping they can help me out too.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Hey Titansfan - give Randy a call, he can help you!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I know the feeling...we just past the two year mark with ours.....for its birthday I am treating 'her' to new tires.....all four of them this weekend.....last year I treated 'her' to LED lighting inside the camper......man these birthdays are getting expensive....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Mine is getting fresh packed bearings, adjusted brakes, and 4 Maxxis tires this fall in preperation for a spring trip to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon North Rim.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Ours was 2 in February, ordered new Maxxis today, a Birthday is a good excuse for new "skins!" We got herher ownnew Bunn Coffee maker too.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Mike can we go to. WE want to get to the

Grand canyon in a couple of years.

g
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Your always welcome to come along for the journey!!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

We are about 6 weeks away from 5 years with our Cruiser. Hard to believe we have had it that long. Our previous TT, a Nomad bunkhouse we had for just over 5 years. We had beat it up pretty good. This one will surely outlast that.

About 6 months after we bought the Cruiser our 3 year old daughter was diagnosed as severly Autistic. As we started seeing what the future would be with therapy costs, etc, I said to my wife, "the only way we will make it is to sell the trailer and maybe the truck". Shesaid firmly, "we will not sell the trailer or the truck". Sure glad I listened to her.The camping has been the best therapy for both my daughter and the rest of our family. After 4 and a half years of intense ABA therapy my daughter has now been re-classified as high functioning autistic, is just finishing thefirst grade and we still have a Cruiserwe enjoy. Edited by: shoetravel

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #13
Site Team

Patrick:
That's great news. I would like to share with you a story on our local tv station last night.
They featured an Autistic teenager. His condition I believe was pretty much the same as you describe for your daughter. I know he was in pretty tough shape in his younger years. But any way,
he was at his high school graduation ceremony. He was also the speaker for it. When he finished, he received a standing ovation from everyone there. It was enough to bring tears to your eyes.
I hope everything goes well for you and yours.

Forgive me for jacking the thread guys.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

No problem, I appreicate the stories. My wife is a State Teacher in a autistic child program here in Maine. I know of the struggles and heat break autisim brings; I also see the great strides these children make to overcome their condition.

My wife is a caring loving person who says her life is enriched by "her" autistic kids (students).
Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

OUR WORLD is enriched by these teachers that work with Autistic children, (my cousin is one of them). The amount of patience required when dealing with these children is staggering. Please keep this in mind asour Country debates the value ofour teachers.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Well did annual cleaning and caulking, bottom rear wall rail had a crack in caulking. Removed rail and found signs of water getting in rail. Got a call into factory on how to fix it. Edited by: mwebber78
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Removed all the rail, looks like it needs more butyl tape at end capsEdited by: mwebber78
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Mike for the pictures but I'm still not sure exactly where you found this problem. Is it the very back on the bottom behind the bumper?

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Yes - it is the metal strip on the bottom of the rear wall behind the bumper where I spotted some discoloration of the caulking. My pictures show the metal strip removed and pictures laying down under the trailer looking up at the wall overhang from the underside. If you want to check these spots then remove the plastic end caps on the bottom left/right side. If the metal strip is caulked closed then your good. If it's open on the ends then it may beallowing water to enter.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
Seasonal Camper

I had to correct the same issue with mine also. In my case, I believe the water intrusion occurred from the old style tail lights allowing water into the lenses and then through thewire holes because they were notcaulked shut. We've had a ton of rain this week and I will inspect the rear wall Saturday to see if the new LED taillights with proper caulking and a freshly applied caulk along the bottom metal strip did the trick.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote