Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

On the 10th of December we took delivery of our new unit. After working dodging a few storms we headed south to Alabama for a few months. We do really love our choice of floorplan Etc. After having our Paradise Point for 7 years & being very satisfied with it we were looking forward to the many things the new unit would afford us for enjoyment. We are really enjoying it in spite of it's many shortfalls in workmanship quality.I can't imagine that the builders of our unit & everyone elses care so little about their jobs & our satisfaction with the end result they delivered. I once was told about their inspections of quality but this December they all must have been on vacation.

The only good feeling about this whole situation is we do like the unit a bunch and having dealt with Mr Mischler when I needed him since 2004,we know it will all be made right. The sad part is that the folks we were once told make around $28.00 per hour sure fleeced their employer big time. Whether they area line worker or an inspector their quality of workmanship sucks

Sorry about the vent but life is like that all to many times. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL & MANY MORE TO COME John & Judy Bosma Jb
Old 01-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Sorry to hear of the issues. I'm sure Randy will correct your issues and make you whole again.

If you don't mind me asking what in particular is wrong with the unit? I know it's no excuse but any company can make a lemon or two. Let's hope they quickly turn it into a lemonade on the rocks for you
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Unfortunately the list is to long to post here. I will say the most of it is cosmetic but the fact that whomever did those jobs had no more pride or caring then to send that kind of job out to a customer says little for their attitude for their job.

A couple of things were a little bigger & the doozie was that they sent it out with a window upsidedown and we have been having a bunch of rain so water cascades down the wall. All three slides were so poorly adjusted that on two of them I can stick my hand between the gasket & the wall. We have been blessed with high teens & low 20s so it is much harder to heat than my old PP. It says it has 28,15,28R factor but it is hard to heat compared to the old one for sure.

I have done several for myself & others so I was forced to crawl under her & adjust the slides to close some of the doors that they had left open so hope it is better. I know I am sitting in my chair & not feeling the drafts I was feeling.

The furnace sounds like a very poor old model t when running & it gives you a terrible headache in a heartbeat so we are forced to heat with electricity & we have an electric meter to feed. These are the larger items but believe me there are a bunch more & as I said it is strickly the line and inspectors not doing their job or any job at all. Like I said I am sorry about the vent & I can not say yet that I am sorry we made the purchase because if they make us whole we do very much like the unit. The thing I guess they did not figure on was that we would take it & in a couple of days go south & spend 4 months in it so you don't need to look to hard to see & find problems,sometimes they find you .I really believe that neither the factory or the dealer checked anything out!!Later John b ,jb
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Sorry to hear, As I said I hope your made whole soon!!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Did you buy from dealer? You should of never seen these mistakes.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
New Camper

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your trailer. We just bought our CF305SKP Patriot back in August and had a few issues. Caswell RV in Ionia, MI did a great job correcting any problems.

I've had a Fleetwood Prowler and a Keystone Cougar and I think that the Crossroad Cruiser that I have is the best quality built unit I've owned. Unfortunatly, sometimes you get a lemon. Hopefully they will make things right for you.

Good luck!

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4 X 4 Hemi

4.56 Gears

2011 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot

Hemi2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

have heard many good things about Caswells ,Happy for you! We will over come with some patience and a blind eye!! Ha Ha!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Yes we did & it is a dealer the family & friends have bought 9 units from but they are new to Cruiser line. The service person did not know as much as I did about the rig. I even asked about tire pressure as I wanted 75 lbs.He said they are ready to go. I arrived home & installed my sensors and had 60, 61, 60,49 lbs in them but it was ready Huh????? Oh well hopefully 5 years down the road it will be a non issue anymore!! jb
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Have you contacted Randy at the Factory???? he would be the person to take care of your problems concerning the crusier. Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Ps you might want attend the 2011 Rally in Indiana (the dates have not be set yet) however contact Randy first at the factory. Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote