Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Question New entry stairs

We have a 2012 Crossroads Cruiser 27RKX fifth wheel. The stairs on it have a very high rise and I'm very short. It's a tough climb. Has anyone replaced their stairs? Are they bolted in or welded? We'd really love to replace them ourselves and not haul them in to the shop.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Our rig had a 3 step. I changed it out to a 4 step. The 4 step I have is a little more flexible than the old one (which I don't care for). When I setup I make sure to put blocking under it to stabilize, and take the flex out. The steps are bolted in.
Just do some measuring under the trailer where they bolt in. Then contact etrailer or look on their web site to find what you need.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:59 AM   #3
Site Team

Both Lippert - LCI - and MORryde make fold out steps that are very solid. Check them out as another option.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I second DAGS’ suggestion for LCI and MORryde. We have the LCI fold up stairs and love them.

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #5
New Camper

Dj and Elsa

Glow steps by Torklift are fantastic. Fit in spot of old steps. My wife is short also, and she loves these. I installed them myself, 4 bolts out, 4 bolts in.
dj and elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:11 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Clip on solid steps

We have had the fold up solid steps from lippert and moryde in the past. Love the steps, but there are issues. They are heavy to fold up, they block the entrance, and if you can't fold them out, you are stuck.

On this camper we got the same steps, but instead of folding up, they attach and detach from two brackets below the door. Super easy installation and we stow them inside the door. The difference is we can still use our fold out original steps if needed. Either for a quick stop, or if there isn't room for the attachable steps.

The downside is they are still fairly heavy, and bulky, but I could handle them by myself if I needed to. DH has no problem with them.

They are the perfect solution for us.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entry steps, stairs, steps