Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I finally got my nasty accordion style shower door replaced. That thing has given me trouble since the day I got the trailer used in '08. The material was too stiff from age I guess so it would bunch up and jump out of the track if opened very far so I would have to squeeze through and could never fully open it without a lot of effort to keep it all inline. I have wanted a SHUB II by New Line for a long time but they are quite expensive. I finally found an ebay seller selling what they called a SHUB II but it cost a lot less. Well it turns out it's actually a Roller-Box by Fivent.

There are more pictures at the link in my signature.

mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Nice work. I checked out your other pics. I take it you're not just weekending there? I like the skirting idea. A friend of mine was wondering about skirting his at his seasonal spot and now I have a suggestion for him. Was the styrofoam difficult to paint? It's easy to work with and fairly inexpensive.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yeah, I'm living in the unit and have been since I bought it in Jan. '08. The foam was really easy to paint. I rolled two coats of exterior water base paint on there (oil base would probably dissolve it). Without the paint the sun really eats the stuff in a hurry. We got down as low as -7º this last winter and the skirting kept it at about 34º under there. My main riser pipe never froze but the hose in the box on the back did a couple times. The bathroom cold line also froze once as it runs right next to the outside wall in the floor. I found that I needed to run a tiny trickle about pencil lead size in the bath when it was going to be under 10º out to keep from freezing.

mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote