Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 07:05 AM   #21
Site Team

That's Great!

Sometimes the dealer makes all the difference.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:25 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

dlakeman
I am retired...If I wanted to do maintenance work I would have applied for a maintenance job and gotten paid for my labor...What these RV manufacturers have done is put retired owners back to work and for those who are not retired they have increased their work load...I bought this camper for my wife and I to enjoy, but at this point it has become a source of stress and disappointment...Maybe that is why they reduced the warranty to 12 months...With all that being said I understand I have to perform maintenance on my camper, and do not have an issue with that...What I have a problem with is having to fix issues that were CAUSED at the factory...Since my last post have found several issues that need to be fixed...Had this camper out 3 times in 11 months...SAD commentary...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 09-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Another Example of Poor Quality

Today I went to the tire and alignment shop to have solid valve stems put on my TT wheels because the tire pressure sensors were rubbing against the wheel. I assume due to centrifugal force when driving. While I was there the shop asked if I'd like shackle bushings installed that are greaseable. I said yes. When the shop removed the right side shackle there wasn't a bushing for the bolt to which the right side leaf spring attached. My TT is a 2022 so it came from the factory without a bushing. Given enough time it's possible that the bolt could have worn enough to break, and therefore the leaf spring would have dropped to the ground. I am outraged that some factory worker would assemble a critical part without a bushing. Just another example of Keystone poor quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220920_155943.jpg (120.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20220920_160240.jpg (77.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #24
Site Team

Unfortunately in this case Keystone does not make the frame or running gear probably lippert who did not make the equalizer as it is Dexter. Keystone does make a lot of the components / parts but uses a lot of 2nd or 3rd party venders. In this case Dexter apparently missed the bushing also Lippert when they built the frame and than keystone on final assembly. The frame arrives to the keystone plant assembled so unless they took it apart it could not be seen as the spring shackles / hangers would hide it.

I know in the last few years there have been questions about quality but in this case it was not Keystone -- Dexter Axle missed it.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:09 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

I did not buy a TT from Dexter Axle. Keystone should control the quality of their vendors, and when there's a problem fix it. Don't blame someone else!
Old 09-20-2022, 06:24 PM   #26
Site Team

You are correct but that part probably was not touched by any Keystone employees as the frame and running gear come in pre assembled. So according to you Keystone should than disassemble the frame to check for any missing parts than re assemble it to start production. Not going to happen! Again in this case it was a Dexter Axle problem. All camper manufactures basically just build the box- roof ,floor and walls also the cabinets. Everything else is supplied by a 2nd party vender and installed by the manufacturer.

I personally apologize that you got one that is of questionable quality. But looking at production numbers is is the exception rather than the norm.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:28 PM   #27
Site Team

Looking at your pic I see that you have the basic equalizer. Must be a stiff ride for the rv. You may want to look into installing a Dexter EZ Flex or similar equalizer.
Here is one example that I put on years ago.

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com...ng_p_1873.html

Of course, it's always your decision.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 09-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #28
Site Team

That is a good idea Mark. We upgraded the equalizer on our Cruiser and added wet bolts at the same time and it made a big difference. The Seville came with the upgraded equalizer as standard equipment but we added the wet bolts.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:22 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
You are correct but that part probably was not touched by any Keystone employees as the frame and running gear come in pre assembled. So according to you Keystone should than disassemble the frame to check for any missing parts than re assemble it to start production. Not going to happen! Again in this case it was a Dexter Axle problem. All camper manufactures basically just build the box- roof ,floor and walls also the cabinets. Everything else is supplied by a 2nd party vender and installed by the manufacturer.

I personally apologize that you got one that is of questionable quality. But looking at production numbers is is the exception rather than the norm.
I worked in the aircraft engine manufacturing industry for 10 years, quality assurance. I've audited everyone from Boeing to Cessna. I'm also thoroughly familiar with Honda's manufacturing quality control of their vendors because I've been to Honda's engine manufacturing plant. Do you think Honda takes apart a fuel control when they receive it at their engine manufacturing plant? Do you think the aircraft engine manufacturer takes apart a fuel pump when they receive it at their engine manufacturing plant. I love it when people tell me what I think ("...according to me..."). I never said anything about disassembling the frame.

The missing bushing is not the only problem I've had with my TT. All of which should have been caught at the factory if they cared about quality. If these TT manufacturers cared about quality, they'd hire someone who knows something about quality and get serious about it. Lack of quality costs more than doing it correctly the first time. I wonder what Gander RV charged Keystone to fix my 2 warranty problems compared to manufacturing the TT correctly at the factory? My quality problems are not the exception rather than the rule. Just look on this Forum and other Forums.

By the way, Honda produces a new automobile engine every 12-18 SECONDS, 5 days a week. How many quality problems does Honda have with their engines! How many trailers does Keystone produce?
Old 09-20-2022, 07:27 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Looking at your pic I see that you have the basic equalizer. Must be a stiff ride for the rv. You may want to look into installing a Dexter EZ Flex or similar equalizer.
Here is one example that I put on years ago.

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com...ng_p_1873.html

Of course, it's always your decision.
Thanks Mark. While I was at the shop today I had them install the MORryde CRE3000 suspension system. I also got rid of the "China bomb" 2-ply tires.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:36 PM   #31
Site Team

I think it's time for everybody to sit back and take a deep breath.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #32
Site Team

Yes I believe you are correct Lloyd. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:55 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Yes I believe you are correct Lloyd. Have a good evening everyone.

Just trying give a heads up to people Dan.
This thread was started by cajunmanf450 and he was polite enough to report back about his situation, and didn't have any undue amount of complaining.

Now we have others jumping in on it and hacking the devil out of his thread. None of which I see as necessary. People should start their own thread rather than piling on somebody else's.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:03 PM   #34
Site Team

Sense the OP's situation was resolved could be time to close out this thread. Then if any further discussion is needed someone could start a new thread with there questions/concerns.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:04 PM   #35
Site Team

Agreed.
Closed Thread