Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
We did it again ! LOL I guess the only way to see if you like a certain brand or size trailer is to just buy one and try it out sense I haven't yet found a RV dealer that will let us take one out for a TEST RUN before buying like a new car dealer will ! SOoooooooooo I guess you guys can just call us SOB.s because we had to bite the bullet and ADMIT WE screwed up with the33 .FTCruiser

because on the Texas trip I had one hell of a time with the wind with that length trailer and the F150 King Ranch . AND after what Keith { Hunter }was saying about the NEW guy that took over CROSSROAD RV 's and reading about some of troubles the guys are having with there unit's ??? I was really not sure We wanted to keep it . I do know ALL trailers will have troubles and that's not all of why we traded but it did play a part in it .

We won't give up the truck because we love the way rides and feels without the camper and trading up to a F250 or a F350 would cost way more then we wanted just to keep the Cruiser . We went down 3 1/2 feet and over a 1000 lbs. and still kept pretty much ever thing else we like it a TT ! We hadthe new 2013 24 RLS Xlite Cougar out this past Monday & Tuesday on a 600 mil. over night trip and ran into some cross wind and it did very good . I KNOW some of you guys are laughing your ass off !! this makes 6 new trailers in 4 years SO I'm crazy .LOL

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

<br /
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Site Team

YOU CRAZY SOB!!!!!!!!!
Good luck and hope you enjoy this one Tim.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Tim,
Wow!!!! That's all I can say! I have a 32' Cruiser and pull with a 1/2 ton and with my Equal-I-Zer I have had her on the Interstates with 25 mph winds and never once found a problem with sway. I know that in some of your previous messages you stated you "readjusted" the WDH and you took her up to 70mph with no problem, so I'm a little surprised to hear this. However, that being said, if you've got the money, and a wife who will put up with you, good luck with it. Sorry to hear you've left the Cruiser Family just because of some rumors posted on here. I like mine and I'll be sticking with it; and unless something drastic happens or when I'm at the Factory Rally this year I see or hear something unnerving, I will be upgrading in a year or two to a 5er, and I hope it will be a Cruiser. At his point mine handles as it should and I'm happy...but as they say 'to each his own.' Good luck in all your travels my friend, we'll miss you. Hope it all works out with the new until whatever brand it is.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the good wishes Jim and we really liked our Cruiser but it was a bear cat out in the wind for what ever reason ! I didtry everything even 10 ply tires at over $1000 and reset the hitch and it did tow great around here BUT thats not quite like trying to tow at 55 to 65 mph all day with a cross wind like we had for the 2 day trip from San Antonio last month . My Friend if you haven't done that you just don't know jack . As for rumors NO! what I heard came from the guys at the rally that are on the inside track But thats not what worried me it was all the Bad posts from other owners. As for the money and the BEST wife in the world THATS a big yes on both ! So I'm very lucky .

Tim

<br /
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Hi Lloyd Thanks buddy ! this one is much lighter and it does tow better so We might keep this one for awhile maybe

Tim

PS

Really loved your coffee

<br /
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Good Luck with your new unit. Hope you have better luck with your warranty problems than I did with 2 of there units. That is why I went with Crossroads. Yes I have some troubles with my 2012 335ss but Crossroads has stepped up to the plate and took care of me. Good luck and be safe. This trailer pulls better than anyone that I have owned. That is what the driver said that came and got it and brought it back front the factory. Just my 2 cents.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote