Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi Everyone, we are five days into our trip home after picking up our 305SK from WANA RV in Shipshewana, INand have a question about getting an outside reading from the sensor in the roof AC, through the Dometic thermostat. All I am getting is 2 dashes when I depress the button, am I doing something wrong?

Let me add another question for you owners of units that have the basement controls for all your water, electric, etc... I did my 1st tankdump at the end of our first day's road trip and found I couldn't close the Black-Tank valve. .. You can imagine the surprise! I have an inquiry into Crossroads and expect to hear from them Monday after getting home, but wanted to also hear from yo'll.. What say U?

regards, Bill
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

My Dealer told me on the cruisers the outside temp feature wasn't available/hooked up. But since that t-stat is used on many brands; some others may offer that feature.

Not sure about your dump valve, but I know mine needs a good tug/push to move it. A quick fix could be to buy an extra dump valve and place it right at the exit point--but if its under warranty I'm sure CR will take care of it.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

On my unit I have to slightly turn the handle on the black water tank to get it to align. The shaft of the handle has either 6 or 8 sides and if pulled out too far.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Tuesday, 5/10: Many thanks to those who replied to my inquiries about the outside temp sensor (there isn't any) and my problem with closing the Black Water valve.. Crossroads confirmed the sensor does not exist for Cruisers, but didn't address as fast as our friends in GA did about the valve.. You folks were correct; the six or eight sided aluminum rod for the tanks pass through a plastic hold down fixture on the bulkhead, held in place by a bolt.. If, as you operate the tanks push/pulls, they become misaligned (rod to fixture) they actually "lock up"! It was easy to fix by placing vice-grips to the plastic fixture and turning the handle on the push/pull rod TO REALIGN IT WITH THE ROD's crazy shape..

I've passed this on to Crossroads in the hopes that the Quality Assurance Team might look to correct this by installing an aluminum hold-down fixture VICE plastic..

The Family Forum will continue to be my source of info for years to come...

Warmest Regards, Bill
Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

will remember that about the dump valve... good to know! It could avoid a nasty situation.
Thanks for the tip.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote