Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Has anyone had and solvedthe followingsituation?

With the trailer level ......it seems that after every shower there is water collecting on the floor under the short partition at the side of the tub. The shower curtains bottom trough was a problem before I caulked the ends closed and provided some extra weep holes. I attempted to look under the shower curtain side rails but they would not release from the tub enclsure.

Arethe shower curtain side rails solvent welded to the tub enclosure? Or do they need to be caulked?

I removed the plumbing access panel and can see no water leaks. I thought I would getsmart and fill the tub with water. Still no leaks.

I did manage to mess up the bedroom when I pulled the tub drain open.After a few seconds air forced all of the water in the vanity sink trap skyward. Isn't there a plumbing roof vent to keep this from happening?

Thank you in advance for any positive suggestions.

Kamper Dave
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't know what unit you have but will attempt to give some thoughts. If you have a metal frame that the curtain rides in, then yes it should be caulked on the OUTSIDE normally with a clear silicone (not the inside). The side rails may be glued or there may be some screws through the rail.

The lav sink drain should be vented, as well as the tub drain and also the grey tank. It sounds like a vent problem. I am guessing but if the grey tank drain valve was closed and you drained a lot of water from the tub it could haveoverfilled the grey tank and forced water up any of the vents. In this instance, I would have thought that the tub would have just stopped draining. The other possibility is that there is no venting on anything (which would really be wrong) and pressurized air from the closed grey tank went up the lav drain and pushed the p-trap water up and out. Interesting situation. Keep us posted.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote