Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

1) Had a great weekend at the Kempt Shore Acoustic Festival here in Nova Scotia (highly recommended by the way). Got home doing the "secure from action drill" in the driveway, lo and behold - rear electric jacks did not work. When my wife hit the switch - I stuck my head under the trailer - not a gig from the motor. Yet, it worked well not 90 minutes previous when we left the campground. Intend on calling the dealer tomorrow. Is this a know fault with these rigs? All fuses and breakers were OK. Did not impact anything on the road.

2) Also, both fasteners that hold the island faucet base-plate tight to the counter top broke. I like the trailer - but am starting to get annoyed with the failure rate of some of the sub-components.

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Our rear jack motor gave out after the 1st trip. The wires to the motor were too tight and they must have pulled out in the motor. The replacement motor has a longer lead and has worked good since. It did take 3 weeks to get the replacement motor from crossroads - was not a stock item at camping world - at least that is what they told me. There is an "auto-reset" breaker for the motor.

I used the manual rod until the motor was replaced.

No issues with our faucet.

One thing to look at the island - our sink was not sealed where it is tightened down by the clamps. I pulled the clamps one at a time and sealed with silicone and then re-installed the clamps.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Same here on the CF 34 SS sink was not sealed.
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Same problem faucet on kitchen island sinkcome loose on our 2014 Cruiser 34SS. Have appointment to get checked out Wednesday. Also the bathroom exhaust fan stopped running sound like it locked up.
Seeing the country we defend
JAllen & JKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I'm heading back to the dealer in a few weeks with a list that goes from #1 to #11 problemsand still growing.
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

On our 2012 335SS the rear jacks are tied to the ground fault receptacle on the end od the island. The jacks were retracted and I fit the retract button by mistake and tripped the ground fault . Reset button and was good to go.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Update. We are back on the road running the Cabot Trail. The tech showed up. After a quick peek - the rear jack problem was nothing more than a ground wire problem - the screw fell out!. However, I could not help but notice that cut-out for the rear jack switch must have been made by a toddler during "bring your kid to work day!!".... Nasty. The sink... we changed the fasteners that hold the sink tight to the counter top. After a peek underneath - we could not help but notice that there is no cutout on the sink lip for the water supply fasteners to fit flush with the bottom of the counter. When they are threaded up, they eventually sit an angle - caught between the metal sink lip, brass threads and and counter - bad jou jou when you add road vibration. When i get home it looks like I may have to add a few flat washers to compensate for poor design......Still, overall, love the trailer and floor plan...... Heads up for the DIYers on the site - keep and eye on the taps.....

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote