Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just ran the Cruiser under a tree and managed to tear up a section on the right front roof. No damage to the alluminum but the rubber fabric is kinda shreaded right at the topcurve and down the side. Ripped area about 3ft. longby 8in. wide. Anyone have temporary or permanent repair ideas? Eterna Bond tape has been suggested.
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
What year is it and how long do you want to keep it? One route is to clean the roof area, fold down the damaged area, and apply Eternabond and be done. The second route is to do the same thing, then file a claim with your insurance. If your keeping this for a long time, apply the tape and forget it...
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like this eterna bond tape works like the vids show. would like to hear a little more from people who have used it. Sounds like it might even be good insurance over seams, when no damage is present.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

pawpaw and concreteman, I had a small area on our unit that I punctured on a tree limb a couple of years ago. I waited for a warm sunny day and cleaned the area good and dried it then applied Eternabond to it and rolled it down good. Still up there and doing fine to this day. I also bought a 50' roll of 4" Eternabond and covered the front and rear where the caps meet the roof all the way across and it is holding up fine. Good stuff as long as the tear is not to bad to cover with it. Hope this helps.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Eterna Bond tape works great - had a small tear on our previous trailer and I applied the tape to it - 3 years later it was still holding good. Clean the area and apply the tape - it is there for good - once down you won't be able to move it to re-adjust.</span>

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote