Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
I've posted before about a leak in the shower, in fact, this is my second Cruiser with the same leak, it leaks out from inside the wall over the compartment door, street side, below the shower. Here is the problem. I picked up the trailer in Dec. of '07, first trip was in March of '08, the shower leaked right from jump street. I used it the entire season in '08 and brought to the dealer at the end of '08 (Nov.) Crossroads covered everything under warranty. I parked the trailer for the winter and did not take out until April of '09. Shower leaked again from the same spot after I was told it was repaired. I used it all season as I had a trip planned every month from April thru August. I brought the trailer back to the dealer on Sept. 15th. They advised they would take care of it. (Again) I called on Tues. Oct 6th to inquire if it was done. The service dept. told me it was done but they were fighting with Crossroads on payment for the warranty. Crossroads denied it saying there was only a 90 day warranty on seals. I think this is BS since this trailer, and the one I owned before) had the same leak. I would tend to believe it is an engineering deficiency. I do not think that I should have to pay for something that has been a problem from day 1 and did not get fixed the first time. Crossroads had better step up to the plate and take care of this or they can keep my trailer at the dealer and the bank can pick it up there!!!

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would think that you dealer would need to step up to the plate also, After all they said it was fixed before.

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Sounds like a dealer issue here. Mine has never leaked but they have a fair amount of clear shower silicone caulking where the pan/shower wall and pan/shower enclosure meet.

My suggestion would be to remove ALL caulking you can and start over. Clean the area after caulking removal with mineral spirits, allow to dry. Once dried, take a GOOD QUALITY silicone (the newer GE stuff is great) and PULL the shower wall away slightly and caulk up and under and lay a bead along the entire enclosure and pan/wall. Allow to dry fora day or so.

If you still have issue or if you want a pro opinion call Randy at the Crossroads Repair Center, I'm sure he can offer technical advise.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
I picked up the trailer today and I'm happy to say that the dealer actually sucked up the cost of the repair since Crossroads did not.Not to say that Crossroads won't pay the dealer eventually, I don't know. We shall see in the spring if the problem is rectified.

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote