Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Any one install Sirius satellite radio in there cruiser? curious on the antenna wire routing,,,,right now I just run the antenna wire up over the slide out through the seal and set it on roof,,,would like a more permanent solution, I have the sportster replay, so I use it in tow vehicle also

Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sorry can't help you, but here's a bump

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I don't have an outside radio antenna but have thought that if I ever installed one I would just route it out the back of the entertainment cabinet and mount it on the outside of the slide. I have seen several brand X's like this and figured it was the easiest way.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have Sirius, and I know this is not an answer to your question, but thought I would chime in.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

I also have the Sportster but have decided to stick with the manual system. I use the boom box and have found that in some heavily wooded sites....I had to extend the antenna beyond the camper to get reception. I figured it would be my luck that once I mounted it permanently, I would have to sacrifice my favorite shaded sites because my antenna was parked directly under an oak tree.

If you normally park in open sites...this would not be a problem......but here in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Texas</st1lace></st1:State> we have a lot of favorite spots where antenna flexibility is crucial.

Good luck.

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote