Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

slide adjustment

Below is the email that I've sent to Crossroads. They said they could not advise me; take it to a dealer. Any OTHER suggestions from the forum?

Hi.
I have a 2008 29CK fifth wheel that the bedroom slide retracts slightly slower on the forward side when it first starts retracting. It seems that that forward side is initially catching on something, as it visibly lifts upwards maybe a half inch before it starts sliding inwards; thus causing it to have a little later start than the other side. After the initial upward lift, the whole slide works smoothly. When the slide is fully extended, it sits slightly lower (1/2") on the forward side than the rearward end.
When the slide is out and I look under the edge of the bed where the "lip" of the floor is, I see a vertical bracket on each side that has two bolts placed vertically with heads of approximately 9/16". Could this be where I need to slightly adjust the height of the forward side, while supporting the slide outside?

I don't really know which type of slide mechanism is installed in our CK, unless I take the bed apart which I'm reluctant to do unless I have to. Lippert suggested that I have several posiblities of mechanisms (see their message pasted below). Could you also tell me which one is installed?

I consider myself very "handy" and can and have fixed most things on the RV myself. This is NOT a major problem yet, but I would like to fix it before it does any damage. Any adjustment help would be greatly appreciated!

2008 29CK
Old 03-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't have the bedroom slide so I'm of no help to you. I'm hopeful Dayle1 will chime in here with some advise.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
Site Team

bump
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I've never had a problem with the bedroom slide on either of my Cruisers, so probably not much help to you. But the bracket you describe probably holds a roller that the slideout floor sits on. It is possible the roller is cracked or missing, but that would cause major scratches on the underside. Also possible the floor is sagging at the leading edge. Remember the slideout floor is only about 24 inches deep and width of the bed, so it is not a full floor. Also, the slide motor is bolted to the main floor under the bed and the track is attached to the bed wall, not the bed floor. My point is that the mechanism moves the wall and the floor follows along for the ride. You might inspect the upper end of the bracket by holding back the slide seal and using a strong flashlight. But I'm not sure I would tear the entire bed slide apart unless the problem gets worse.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thank you, Lloyd and Dayle. I'll take your advice, Dayle, and inspect the bracket and not tear into anything. If it gets worse, I'll take it to a dealer somewhere.

2008 29CK
Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

After looking at your signature, I see it's not Dayle but Larry Sorry.

2008 29CK