Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 08:29 AM   #1
New Camper

Slides not working after storage

I ha ve a 2006 CF29RE, that sat in outdoor storage for about 3 years. Everything worked fine when parked. Now I can't get the slides to operate. They move fine manually, so not bound up. Its in my driveway now, so not on shore power, just battery. Lights, fridge, and jacks all work. Slide motors don't even click when I push the buttons. I believe there is a control module for the slides, but I can't find it. Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?
Lipdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome!

We had a 05 with 3 slides and the kitchen and living room slides got power straight from the battery post. The bedroom slide power came from the power center.

I would start with checking at switch for power. If you have power there then the problem is between the switch and the motor if not then between the switch and battery. I have a wire diagram for the switch i will post when i find it that may help. Also check the battery compartment to see if you have any wires not hooked up. They would be black wires going to the + battery post.

That being said with a used camper someone may have changed things and yours may be different. My current camper is also wired the same way so i believe that is the factory setup.

This is the switch wire diagram- https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001877.pdf
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #3
New Camper

Thank you for the diagram. I've owned this since it was new, so I have the factory wiring. Since both slides aren't working, I'm going to start with the wiring at the battery and work my way in from there.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Site Team

If not connected to shore power, your batteries may be dead or need to be charged. If dead slide will definitely not work.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:49 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Your slides require a lot of power to operate. Your battery and charging system need to be in good condition.
Have you tried plugging it in, and letting the battery charge for several days?. A battery that has sat for 3 years is probably bad. Have you check the battery voltage/condition?
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:01 PM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for the help guys. It turns out that after me not doing it for a few years, I had forgotten about the second black wire to the battery, and it had worked it's way under the battery box, and I completely missed it when I put the battery in this time. Slides are working fine again now. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
Site Team

Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks for posting the fix. So many times we get a question and then the poster just goes away and we never know if the problem was fixed or what the solution was.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipdawg View Post
I ha ve a 2006 CF29RE, that sat in outdoor storage for about 3 years. Everything worked fine when parked. Now I can't get the slides to operate. They move fine manually, so not bound up. Its in my driveway now, so not on shore power, just battery. Lights, fridge, and jacks all work. Slide motors don't even click when I push the buttons. I believe there is a control module for the slides, but I can't find it. Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?
If battery/ies not low, Suspicion would be a tripped 12vdc circuit breaker in compartment next to battery? Otherwise, look for rodent wire damage, or corroded wire terminals or rusty ground wires?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #9
Site Team

He got it fixed. When hooking up the battery forgot to hook up wire for slides. Been there done that.