Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I just installed Steadyfast stabilizers. I considered JT Strongarms, but went with Steadyfast. I had to move the spare tire to the rear bumper from under the front storage ( so there is a cost for the mounting kit) and installation took more than the 2-3 hours as advertised. <div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne;">

If you are looking to add them, I will say it has removed almost all of the shaking. Works as advertised. I would suggest you study the pictures and diagrams carefully. Don't be fooled by the drawing of the rear scissor jacks. The rear attachment point is several feet from the rear of the camper which makes the placement a couple of feet in from of the jack. Most of the hardware is high quality, although I snapped two of the self threading bolts.

Overall, a little pricey, but worth the expense.

6.0 - standard bed

2011 Cruiser CF30QB
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We love our JT Armstrongs and supplement them with Bal-Chocks on each side. We are pretty rock solid when camped.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Oh well we love our SF stabilizers, we have had them since shortly after Paul came public with them and they are on the second unit but this unit is a lot more wiggly by nature than the Point was but they do a lot of good.Jb
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I also installed SF on my CTX 26 rx cruiser and am mostly happy with the results. Rather than totally removing the spare to the rear bumper I relocatedthe support bolt as far as I could to the rear, about 3", and still have tire on the support rails, which cleared the front SF bar by an inch. I actually use the rear 2" receiver for a motorcycle rack so moving the spare to there wasn't an option.
dualsportin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I too mounted the Steady Fast on my 2011 Cruiser 26 RKX. I did not have to reloacte my spare tire. I positioned the front mounting bracket and wing nut as far forward on the frame as I could and the foot plate was rotaed 90 deg. The front stabilizer clears the spare tire by 1/8 inch.

Great system. Mother is happy!!

Steady Fast Stabilizer System

2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab
201126rkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

You should be able to actually move the spare back a few inches, we did that on ours.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote