Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
DJ
Weekend Camper

The DW and I are still waiting on specs on that new CF 31RE,but in the meantime have been reading all the great stuff on the CF 29 CK and the 30SK.I've noticed that many great Ford 250 3.73 diesels(like mine) are hauling these rigs.These rigs both have hitch weights of about 1600Lbs(empty)Did you need to add airbags or extra leaf springs? I have both the camper Pkg.and towing pkg.on my truck. Thanks DJ
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Howdy
I have a 09 30 SK Cruiser which I haul with a 04 GMC 2500 diesel. No troubles with standard suspension & tow package.I think the truck drops about 3-4 "
Cal

Old 04-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We are towing a CF29CK with our 2006 Ford 250 3.73 diesel. It has the tow pkg but nothing extra. It tows the cruiser wonderfully. Don't even know it is back there.

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I tow a CF29CK with a 2500 Dodge CTD short bed and it tows great. I doubt if the springs sag much more than an inch.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

DJ...I tow our CF31QB with an 03 F250 (6.0) diesel, 3.73 with the tow package. She handles it great, no problems at all...little to no sag, still gets almost 12mpg too (if you trust thetruck'scalc).

2003 F250 PSD

Central Jersey
JerseyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
DJ
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys!You have eased my mind about the suspension issue ,so once we get the specs on the new 31RE ,we will probably have narrowed down our options.This waiting is crazy, but I guess that is better than making a decision that we could regret later.We really like the size of the 29CK,and the layout too,so it is in the running!By the way,when the slides are in, on the 29CK,can you still get into the refrigerator? we often stop for lunch in places on our way south ,where slides can't be extended,so that could be an issue.Thanks again! DJ (Di and Joe)
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

No you cannot get to the refrig when the slides are in, but you can open the sofa/table slide just about a foot and then you can get to the frig. Thats the nice thing about Cruisers, each has its own control so you don't have to open all three. We often stop when traveling and make sandwiches and it is not an issue to open the slide just a little to get to the refrig.

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
DJ
Weekend Camper

Great info. about the slides,Tom...we didn't know that each had its own control.Doesn't sound like a big deal to get to the frig after all.We appreciate all the help with our concerns DJ(Di and Joe)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

We have been fulltiming for 4 years come May 11th with our 29CK and havenever had a problem opening the couch slide when we stop for lunch, which we do when moving. Usually we use a rest stop on the highway or a truck stop. At truck stops we just pull up out of the way so as not to impede traffic. Edited by: mgratner

2004.5 2500 Dodge CTD

2005 Cruiser 29CK with all the options

mgratner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #10
DJ
Weekend Camper

Well, the specs are in on the new 31RE ,32ft 11 in and a hitch weight of 1642 lbs.We were so hoping that it wouldn't be that big.Oh well,at least we know now and the 29CK seems to be a better size for just the two of us,especially since we are not full timers.Called the nearest CR dealer and they said that if we had to order a 29CK now(none in stock) the price would be much higher because the American dollar was higher now!! As if they hadn't had the sense to order when the dollar value was at par!!!Or at least have "banked" the cash when the rate was in their favor.So,we are still in the market,maybe will wait until their stock comes in and they need a sale (J(Di and Joe)
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

DJ,

I presume that you are Canadian. If you buy from a US dealer are there taxes when you take it home. You might try rvwholesalers.com. From what I understand they have great prices and are nice people. Just a thought.

2004.5 2500 Dodge CTD

2005 Cruiser 29CK with all the options

mgratner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
DJ
Weekend Camper

Yep,we're Canuks but here on the east coast we rarely say "EH" In fact we are closer to Maine than Ontario ,and boast many cousins in Boston,since it was closer by sea to get there (years ago,before air travel} Yes,we would have to pay extra tax,but some who live closer to the manufacturers still say it is worthwhile.Of course ,if you have an RV already ,you would have to sell it outright first. Not sure how rvwholesalers would be...maybe someone who has gone that route could comment. Thanks for the idea! DJ (Di and Joe)