Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We are thinking about trading the 29rk for a Patriot cf30sk. Are there any specific things or areas thatI should lookat on this model? I read some older threads about gaps when the slide was out, has that been resolved, etc. Anything on the unit that current owners would change or don't like?

Thanks
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We looked at the SK also but did not like the fact that it does not have a pantry. We opted for the CK instead. Both are great units. If it was not for the pantry issue, we would have bought a SK also.

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have a '07 SK and love it. The pantry issue isn't normally a problem as there are so many cupboards to use. The awning is small so if you do a lot of outdoor, under the awning, activities be aware of this. No other major dislikes. We really enjoy the floorplan.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Buddhabob started a thread in general rv questions about things people would change.There was some response there.There are lots of things We would tell you check in your PDI should you elect to get this unit.Would not change much about the layout as thats the reason we bought this model.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We don't have to think about a 30SK anymore, we purchased a 2010 30SK Patriot yesterday. We will be picking it up Wednesday, I figure it will take today to get the 29RK empty. We cannot wait. I assume the "fixes" that was needed on the 29RK will have to be done (sealing the furnace blanks, plugging the AC vents, etc) I needed another project.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new edition. When we sold our Cruiser and we bought the PP I went through the same "fixes" and "mods" I had done on the Cruiser to the PP. I think the Patriot Edtion is a great package to offer.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

We made it home with the SK, although the trip was a long 3 hours from Atlanta to Newby's RV in McMinnville, TN it was worth it. We ended up with a fair price and great service. Tim and John Newby were great.

Thanks again to the forum members for their input, it was really appreciated. See you at the Factory Rally in August.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg