Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

My wife and I picked our first 5th wheel this past Thursday, we are first timers and o excited about getting outwith it. We are wondering why Crossroads does not have a toilet tissue holder in the bathroom? Is it for a reason or what. We are having a ball getting things ready for our first trip to Pella IA the first weekend in May, (Tulip Time). We bought a 2007 Cruiser 27RL being pulled by a 2002 Ford F250 , 7.3 powerstroke, crew cab short bed. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to say so. Thanks in advance.

Gene and Joan
So Holland, IL

2002 Ford F-250 7.3

2007 Cruiser 27 RL

South Holland, Illinois
genefen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

After buying 3 Crossroads trailers, I have figured that they leave it for the buyer to decide what and where they want that kind of stuff. Everybody is different. My DW spent plenty of time picking out just what she wanted and where it should be installed. She did a really nice job.

Take plenty of time and enjoy outfitting your new trailer. If you haven't pulled a 5th wheel you are in for a treat. I get in trouble because I forget what I'm pulling and I go places I shouldn't.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
hhh
Seasonal Camper

It should have been included, just not installed. Crossroads leaves the mounting of the holder up to the customer. I asked the same thing when checking out the one I am buying and that is what the dealer told me, I just told them where I wanted it and they are going to install it.

hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I had the same problem when I bought my 06. No toilet tissue holder or no towel racks anywhere!! It makes me very concerned to drill holes or screw into walls because you never really know where the plumbing or electrical wires are routed. The possibility of damaging something and then tearing out the wall to fix it is a nightmare. It seems strange that all of this was not done on the assembly line. I guess they had the same concerns and were afraid to cause leaks or cut wires into with screws. From what I have read, the guys on the assembly line don't always route the utilities the same way on each unit. I guess that makes sense. One guy may do it one way and another guy may do it differently.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Our TP rolls are held in place using 3M Velcro strips with removable tape. When pressed into place they hold well. We found light weight rollers at Wal-Mart with a flat back so placing the tape strips is easy. The 3M fasteners also came from W-M. So far, going on two years, they hold well.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I didn't have any, mounted or not, in mine when I picked it up last month. My last camper had the pieces, not installed, but we never installed it - there was a shelf in the bathroom within easy reach and thats where we kept the TP. Come to think of it - I don't recall there being much in the bathroom that was OUT of reach! :- )

My wife and I found a good roll dispenser/storage appliance at Target. It's free standing and fits in a narrow corner on it's own base, which is somewhat heavy for RV use. It has a couple of vertical rods coming out of the base and there is a 45 degree swivel about 6" from the top and a little curl at the tip. The vertical section holds four rolls and the last section holds a roll for use when swiveled to the horizontal position. When you run out, swivel the top section vertical and slid up another roll. It would be better if the thing was a lighter, but it was too handy for me to pass up.

We also picked up a number of the over the door hangers with hooks and trays for towels, shower, etc.

We've been using our new CF335SS for a couple of weeks now and I commented to my wife that I like the Thetford ceramic toilet in it a great deal more than the toilet in our last camper. It's adult sized and the foot flush works well. I think it would be better to have home toilets with foot flush.
JimmyCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have drilled so many holes in my CF30SKP that I can't count them. Never hit anything. I use various Command strips for anything that is not going to stay with the trailer when I eventually resell it; otherwise it gets screwed to the wall and stays there. A big discussion takes place though before any holes sre drilled.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have a free standing TP holder on a little stand. We simply move it around as needed. During normal uses...it stands in the tub.

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
There is no plumbing in the walls, it runs under the floor. The wiring may run through the wall but you should be drilling a small hole just to break thru the wall panel, insert a plastic molly, and screw into that to hold the roller or towel bar.

In my Cruiser and new unit the TP holder and towel bar wasn't installed, rather it was in a bag in a drawer for me to choose the location.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

We have a 2008 ST27RB and there was no TP holder or towel bars, but that is just as well b/c like others I use a free standing TP holder AND I use hooks instead of a towel bar. I can get 4 towels hanging in our bathroom wall with hooks. I use the 3M hooks and have had no problems. I also hang two hooks off the shower door, and that works well, too. For hand towels and wash cloths I use two 3M hooks by the mirror.

2008 ST27RB

2007 F150 4 x 4

Traveling with 3 labs!
Threedognight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Our new 2011 came with no Bathroom accessories as they said everyone has their own preferences. We bought two towel racks to match the shower & a toilet roll hanger and hung them where we wanted them worked great. IMHO jb
Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

We were kind of bummed that with this class (much nicer than most in or price range) that there were no towel bars or tp holder we went to Menards and bought Moen to match the faucets.Looks awsome !!

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
New Camper

I recently got my TT, and have never owned one before, but I would like to hang at least one "typical" 18" or 24" towel rack on the wall in my bathroom (a Zinger 31SB). I do not want to just use hooks, as I want the towel to be able to spread out to dry better. My issue is that I do not know where there are "studs" in the bathroom walls - and, if I do not hit a stud, what sort of anchor should I use? How "thick" is the wall? Meaning - how much distance is there between the thin wall in the bathroom and the wall on the other side of the bathroom? This is not "drywall" so I would not expect a drywall anchor to be useful.

If anyone can give me a clue about this I would greatly appreciate it.

2011 Crossroads Zinger 31SB
bickar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

I use the 3m Picture tape and put up all of the towel racks and tp holder no hole and stays up

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #15

We use one of the toliet holder that stands upright on the floor.I think my wife got it at Walmart. You don't have to drill holes and it can sit in the corner.Deputydog

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
hhh
Seasonal Camper

If you want to use anchors you can get "hollow door" anchors.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:26 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

+1 on the stand alone TP holder. Bought a heavy duty one at Wally-land and a separate wire rack that slides along side the toliet for other items. I did install a towel hook on the bathroom door and the other towel we throw over the shower door to dry. I do not think it is limited to just Crossroads on not installing TP holders or towel bars.....seems to be owners choice...

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

ThreeDogNight...what type of shower hooks did you buy? Is it the type with the suction cups? We installed our toilet paper holder on the angled corner wall by the door but towels are still an issue. We installed 3M hooks on the door but find that our bath towels often just fall off when opening the door. I'm not sure if these can be used on the walls of the trailer?
I'm always looking for some new ideas so your input would be appreciated.

Edited by: orchid_57

Aline, David and our Golden (Jackson)

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 30SKP

2007 Chev Silverado Duramax Diesel

orchid_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
Site Team

For the towel hanging problem we all seem to have, we got 2 expandable shower curtain bars and telescoped them the length of the wall over the tub. There is enough room to spread the towels and wash cloths out so they can dry, and they are out of the way when you want to use the bathroom.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Old Farmer, we have a corner shower so I'm not sure that the expandable shower bars would work? I saw a really nice over the door towel bar hanger but you have to remove it every time you open the shower door. It shouldn't be such a challenge but my DH doesn't like making holes in the wall

Other issue.....room for a clothes hamper. We put a bag in the closet but that's not wonderful.

Aline, David and our Golden (Jackson)

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 30SKP

2007 Chev Silverado Duramax Diesel

orchid_57 is offline   Reply With Quote