Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Our 2009 Cruiser 32BL came with the Pummell Drive CD/DVD/Radio combo unit. It's been an ok unit for us and we've enjoyed some movies at night on our camping trips. However, we are now having trouble with it. When we put in a DVD, the movie is blue. I've seen this before when a component cable comes loose and doesn't display a particular color. I checked the connections on the back of the tv and the Pummell Drive, but the connections are good. I also swapped out the component cable with a proven cable, but still now improvement. I think my Pummell Drive unit has bitten the dust

What is the warranty on the Pummell Drive? We purchased our 32BL in July of 2008. I think Iremember mwebber78 ungrading his Pummell Drive with a Jensen from Crossroads. I think I remember that the Jensen unit is a little larger than the Pummell Drive so the opening has to be adjusted for it to fit. I don't mind making the wiring connections and adjustments to the opening myself.

I haven't talked to Crossroads about this problem yet. I'll probably give them a call in the next day or two.

TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We just had ours replaced under warranty. Playing DVD's the drive was noisey. The Volume could not be controlled. At times it would go to full volume when turning it down. It would pick up no AM stations at all. Just tried the new one today. It will not play CD's. Stops playing a track and that is it until you eject and start again. Sometimes it would not start but eject the CD after about 2 min. The Volume is the same as the old one. Can't control it.
The Dealer has a new in the shop that they will swap with us. If the 3rd one does not perform I ask CR from a different model. Our 2009 29CK was purchased last March so it is still warranty
trac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

These are all pretty much junk, and then you "bounce" them down the road for thousands of miles! My Coby will be replaced as budget permits although I'm not sure with what. I spent years in the electronics business as well as it being a hobby/passion. Not sure what I'll "listen" to when I start fulltiming.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Very happy with the Jensen replacement the factory installed - the Pummel wasn't even junk (junk would have been bearable). The Jensen is actually a nice system compared to other brands (read: Concertone from Forst River, Coby, Pummel).

Yes, they did modify the cabinet slightly to allow the fit. If your under your 2 year warranty there should be no questions on replacement.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks, everyone. I'll give 'em a call. I'll try to speak to Randy.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
To reach Randy call between 6-7AM.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote