Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

TV reception

Our cruiser has the original (I suppose) TruTech home theater receiver. I'm having trouble getting ANY radio reception using the small AM and FM loop antennas behind the TV. Has anyone had this problem and, if so, is there a fix? Is it due to the Aluminum wall construction?

2008 29CK
Old 02-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

You are more than likely correct. You could add an outside antenna by drilling a small hole for the coax and that would help. I would set up a temp antenna and test it before drilling a hole and permanently mounting the antenna just to make sure the fix works.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
Site Team

I got so disgusted with the one in ours, I pulled the whole darn works out and threw it in the garbage can. We now just carry an am/fm radio with and it does the job real well.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I got so disgusted with the one in ours, I pulled the whole darn works out and threw it in the garbage can. We now just carry an am/fm radio with and it does the job real well.
I did the same thing with our original stereo system in our old Keystone Sprinter. I used the space for a printer, etc. I do have the surround sound, DVD, etc working on our theater system. Time will tell if i throw it away also. Lloyd, did you have to use an external antennae on your am/fm radio? I haven't tried our weather radio in this RV yet.

2008 29CK
Old 02-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
I did the same thing with our original stereo system in our old Keystone Sprinter. I used the space for a printer, etc. I do have the surround sound, DVD, etc working on our theater system. Time will tell if i throw it away also. Lloyd, did you have to use an external antennae on your am/fm radio? I haven't tried our weather radio in this RV yet.

2008 29CK
I never got to the point of an external antenna. I did try hanging the one inside that came with it. (Once)
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote