Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Two Construction Questions

Hi All:
I've got a CS305SK14 and I'm trying to put a generator transfer switch in the rear of the 120 volt breaker box under the kitchen cabinets. I've accessed inside the front storage area and have two questions.
First question. After removing the black fabric, I found another 1x3 wood frame attached to the ceiling aluminum frame work and very close to the back wall of the lower kitchen cabinet. But the frame lacks about an inch of reaching the floor of the storage area and does not support anything. Does anybody know what it's for before I tear it out???
Second question. On the right side of the storage area near the water input and waste tank handles is an open ended short piece of white plastic hose that won't move with light tugging. It goes past the rear of the heater and I can see the top of the water pump under the sink but not the termination of the hose. Please tell me this is not the water pump suction hose as the tank is at the very back of the coach!! Does anybody know what it is???

This is getting to be an interesting camper.

Jim Latour
Generator Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Only have answer to the 2nd part. That short piece of hose is likely for winterizing so you can pump antifreeze directly from the jug into your lines. Not knowing your unit that well that's my best guess. Also could be another drain point but I doubt it.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Scott
Finally got my 75 year old body bent the right way and the offending line is connected to the suction side of the water pump through a 1/4 turn valve. You were right on the money. I had visions of it being a drain line and the end of the hose was almost in the air intake side of the space heater.

Anybody know a good chiropractor??

Jim
Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I got at my breaker box from the lower kitchen cabinet to the right of the sink to the front of the trailer. Remove the left panel inside there and you see the back of the WH and the pump. The 12v converter is also mounted on a shelf there, it's not on the back of the breaker box like I thought. I removed the 2 drawers above the breaker box and had access to the back of the box and a place to put my surge protector. The remote readout was mounted on the end of the cabinet facing out the door. Very convenient for checking the power when first hooking up. Also after being gone you can check and see if anything happened.

I didn't think about coming in from the storage bay????
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks Clif
I've just about got the transfer switch in and only have to modify it to take 120 instead of 240 when on generator power. I sort of put myself in a corner when I put some shelves in the angled cupboard. Guess I'll just have to redesign the shelving to allow me to gain access to that back corner under the counter.

Jim
Old 06-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hi All:
Finally got the 3.6 propane ONAN and the 50 amp transfer switch installed and operating. The system ran the Coleman Mach 13.5 air conditioner without a stutter. The unit and ats are 2005 units that I took out of my old coach - an 2005 38 ft Fleetwood 365 BSQS. To show that we don't use the unit much - the generator has 37.6 hours on it and the green plastic cover is still somewhat shiny. We only use it during the hot part of the year when we visit her brother in east Texas. The rest of the time it is used at rest stops for lunch (two large cats and one small dog get hot in a hurry). Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Jim Latour
Air Force CMS retired
Old 06-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
Site Team

Jim did you take any pics of the install?
Can you show us what the final finished product looks like?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote