Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

What is the Tyre proper pressure for CF29CK?
Thanks

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

When we had our Cruiser the tires were rated for 65 psi and that is what I ran in them. Our PP tires are rated at 80 psi and I run that all the time. If you run them to high or to low that is when you will start having issues. Check the side of your tires and the tag on the side of your trailer for the miximum tire pressure.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

What Hunter11 said!

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Ditto to Hunter 11,

One word of caution, especially for folks coming south in the winter.

We have extreme temp differences in the winter. You can get up to 70* weather in the AM and by sundown it can easily be below freezing.

When these fast moving cold fronts come thru and you are in the process of moving from one point to another, checking your air pressure at say 65* when the temps are 20*, can very easily run the tire pressures up to extremes if you traveling south.The reverse is truewithif your traveling from hot to extreme coldtemps during the day.

A good example is what happend to me last winter. I took my unit into the dealers for somework. The day I picked the unit up, it was about 20*, mid day temps.

The tire pressusres were extremly low. I inflated them up the the 65*psi before leaving the dealers. I took the RV back to the storage lot, parked it, secured everything and left. Next afternoon I went back to the trailer and it was in the 70*'s. I don't remember why I checked the tire pressures, but I did and they were up around 85*psi.

This could very easily cause a tire failure due to overpressure and overheating, had Inot checked the pressures before leaving on a trip.

greyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I wonder if the nitro in the tires is the way to go. Lask week end when we left to go to the coast I checked the tires and they were 55psi When I got 90 miles down the road they were up to 75 psi I let air hout that I just put in. I knew pressure changed but not that much
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn
I wonder if the nitro in the tires is the way to go. Lask week end when we left to go to the coast I checked the tires and they were 55psi When I got 90 miles down the road they were up to 75 psi I let air hout that I just put in. I knew pressure changed but not that much

Thats a pretty hefty increase, matter of fact it's 36%. This is a classic example of experience I mentioned above.

Nitro is not going to prevent the increase or decrease in tire pressures. The nitro is basically O2, with the water removed. We use nitro in the aircraft tires especially the jets, to prevent moisture in regular compressed air from freezing at the higher altitudes. At ground level, it won't make a nickles worth of difference.

All the tire shops in our area,like NTB, PEP Boys, Discount Tire, ete.,are now pushing nitro real hard and they're advertising a complete change out for $29.95. It's a total waste of money in ground vehciles.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Hmmm - I wonder how much of an increase in air pressure is too much. The max air pressure on the tire states that itis the max for a cold tire. Obviously the air pressure is going to increase when the tire gets hot. I have never checked my air pressure when a tire ishot, unless it is visibly soft. I would think reducing pressure to max on a hot tire would result in low pressure when it is cold.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Rock1424 makes a very good point. The pressure is based on the "cold" temperature of the tire. We have traveledto Floridafrom Ohio several times during winter and I always make sure the5er tires are at 65psi and the truck tiresat 80psibefore we leave. Ithencheck the tire pressure once we stop for a meal and the tires have had a chance to thoroughly cool down (usually in Georgia). I have let air out of the tires on occasion because the ambient air temp was so much warmer than it was back at home and the pressure had increased. I have never had it be by much(maybe 5psi) but it was enough I felt like I should adjust it. The reverse is true when we head back north. This is one reason I carry a 12 volt air compressor in the 5er.

It seems to me that tires are manufactured with an acceptable operating pressure range. The bottom end of that range is the pressure marked on the tire and the upper end is a mystery.As long as thetire (read trailer) is not overloaded, it is not traveling at an excessive speed, and the "cold" pressure ismeasuredand maintained when the tire is at the ambient air temperature you should be fine. It is my understanding that under-inflation is the cause of more tire failures than over-inflation.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
Site Team

Well stated, Lonnie.
I believe you hit the head right on the nail.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1424

Hmmm - I wonder how much of an increase in air pressure is too much. The max air pressure on the tire states that itis the max for a cold tire. Obviously the air pressure is going to increase when the tire gets hot. I have never checked my air pressure when a tire ishot, unless it is visibly soft. I would think reducing pressure to max on a hot tire would result in low pressure when it is cold.
Somewhere I read that 10psi over or under is about normal for the pressures to increase or decrease provided there are no leaks. That is where approximately even temps existalong your route. If you deflate the tires while driving to the sidewall pressure, then you can expect to inflate then the next morning or when ever you leave.

On my CF28CK, Ive noticed the temps will go as high as 75 psi while in route. The next morning they will be back down to 65. But if the temps drop significantly during the night, the tires will be as much as 15 psi low.

I also read that is acceptable to run a tire for a short distance, no more than 10/12 psi low provided you don't drive at excessive speeds and only for a short distance, when there is no other choice.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

My Tire states 65psi. That is what it gets set to. (cold check) In early spring. probably around 65 ish for a temperature. That is were it stays all summer. Tire pressure monitor keeps an eye on things.I to have seen 75psi in the summer heat on thruways. I don't like disturbing the valve stems that much. I know some folks that check there tires at every truck stop. One time the valve stem did not re-seat and they caused over 1k damage on the camper. Way more damage than the tire monitor system will cost. The monitor won't defend against the blow out but will protect against a leaky valve stem or a screw..
Put in metal valve stems (don't forget the spair). Get a tire monitor system(Could save you tons, so it is worth it). Air up the tires. (set them and forget them)

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote