Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

hello, just purchased a 345rf with full paint, I have read many reviews on fabric covers, I have decided not to cover, but living in phoenix I know the paint will get a great amount of sun. I plan to wax multiple times per year, but the questions I have is the other exterior hardware, for example any plastics ie trim what would be the best?, also the old travel trailer I traded , when it was time for tires I placed bias tires on it, they worked well in the heat, I have heard radials like to heat up and blow when traveling in the dead of summer , the model I purchased has sat in the cw lot for 9 months, so the tires have already went thru one summer, this summer I plan to run to Westport beach ca , should I replace tires now? I do not want problems when traveling?
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #2
Site Team

If you could keep your rig stored under cover would be the best all the way around. I know it cost extra money, but it might be worth it in the long run. I know AZ. can really be hard on exteriors.
As far as the tires, I changed mine out the 2nd year. Some have had good luck running the original ones, some haven't I guess it's where ever your comfort level falls.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We went to Las Cruces, New Mexico and back a few years ago in August. I saw temps in the 101* to 103* range on my trucks overhead driving across West Texas during the day running radial tires on the trailer at 65 mph with noissues. Now they were not the China bombs that came on the trailer but radials none the less.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

thank you I will probably switch the tires next yr, covered at leastoff site is not an option, I probably should look into a metal canopy with full sides in the yard. I really cant wait to take it out, cw has it now they are replacing a interior celing panel , and the shower glass, the glass was broken while on their lot !
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We bought a new 2013 345RF and took possession around the first of April lastspring, by mid August the wheel well cover on the entrance door side that faced the sun was faded so bad it had lost its colour and was greyish/white.

Dealer ordered a new one and it is on the ever growing listof repairs to be done this spring prior to our OntarioCanada season.

Likely a trip back to the factory is in order as the full paint is peeling off in spots, big sections of trim falling off.

So the Arizona sun will likely kickthe crap out of the black plastics at a minium, on the plus side its all paint sodecals won't be an issue.

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

A simple tire protector is to lean a piece of plywoodagainst them on the sunny side plus its cheap.
Like others a shadedstorage would be best.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote