Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

I see no mention of the frame only "This includes a limited, 5-year structural guarantee against floor, walls and roof defects from the date of delivery. This limited manufacturer's warranty is the best in the industry".

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

I believe the warranty covers the Crossroads built portion of the trailer. Lippert has a separate frame warranty that I believe is for two years if I remember this correctly from other threads??
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

So you don't really have anyone check out the frame than?Thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Had my first annual warranty inspection done today, cost $50 plus a tube of caulk. The dealer caulked all the external screw heads. He said that was a major source of water leaks. He also put new Eternabond tape on the roof of the slide where the factory tape was not smooth. That was covered under warranty. He spoke to Randy about that. Also applied new caulk around the rear picturewindow where it started to separate.The dealer wasn't aware of the inspection requirement. It took about an hour and a half for the work. It's cheap insurance for the five year warranty.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

What a coincidence! I took ours to ExploreUSA's San Antonio location this morning for my first annual inspection. I brought along a printout from this web site of the inspection requirements. The only Crossroads product the dealer sellsis Zinger so they were unfamiliar with this requirement. They did call Crossroads while I was there and found out that I was responsible for the inspection cost. The caulk needed replacing around the two skylights as well as at the rear corner of the coach. Terri (Service Mgr) filled out the paperwork, faxed it into Crossroads then gave me a copy of the confirmation of receipt. It cost me $62.40 with tax. I agree with Russ-Carol that it is cheap insurance to keep a five year warranty valid.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

So you have a 5 year warrenty that you pay for every year and you have to go to the dealer. If this were a car this would be illegal.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

My dealer did not charge for the inspection only the resealing of the roof. It was a minimum labor charge. The dealer said I could do it myself but then I would have had to bring it back for reinspection before they would certify to Crossroads. How much would it cost to repair a major structure failure four years down the road?

The entire RV business concept that only the selling dealer is required to provide warranty work should be illegal.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

I agree, I wasn't charged for the inspection just the caulking.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Unless Crossroads applied for a waiver of the law, requiring the consumer to pay for an inspection is illegal. We all know that water getting into the walls from a ripped roof covering, or bad caulking will cause damage that the company cannotplan for.Per thetext below, they would have had to apply to the FTC to get a waiver in the law as regarding the annual inspection. This is not to say that they would not be correct in doing so nor that I wouldn't do it as I have had GM dealerships change my fuel filters on my diesel, as well as do other maintenance that I could so that if I had a $10,000 diesel engine break, they would not be able to weasel out of coverage. And another set of eyes is appropriate, but.................

This is a direct copy of a document from the FTC.GOV website on warranties

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...1.shtm#stating

"

<H5>"Tie-In Sales" Provisions</H5>

Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.</BLOCKQUOTE>

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.

<BLOCKQUOTE>While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.</BLOCKQUOTE>

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition."

<H5></H5>

drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

I wonder about this as it pertains to Crossroads. It appears that it would apply as the requirement is for a Crossroads factory authorized shop to do the inspection.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #31
Seasonal Camper

My dealer wants $115 to do the inspection plus what ever it takes to correct problems found. As I see it it would be best to take to an independant shop and have any seams that need repair done and take you chances. I am capabable of inspecting the roof and seams. Probably could repair them but suspect if a Pro does it I may have a chance in court about any structial defects or failures that I would try and get CrossRoads to cover. If you read the fine print on what the 5 year warranty covers it is not much and $115 or more for yearly inpections seems a lttle stiff for what you get in return.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #32
Seasonal Camper

for about another 100.00 and a few hours work you could cover every seem, crack and crevice with etrnabond tape and never have to worry again, I covered everything with the tape, easy to do, looks nice and never screw with that sealer or worry about springing a leak...alot easier to do before you have a problem

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

What is eternabond tape? Why would you have to pay to have caulking etc. found to be defective replaced why would this not be covered under warranty?

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

The warranty only covers caulking for 90 days now. It used to be longer.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

I guess I am going to have to read the manual and warranty information again. I thought that a 2 year bumper to pin warranty meant exactly that. Hmm, i have not really had any troubles with our trailer but it sounds as though there are a lot of loopholes for the manufacturer to use if they so desire.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #36
New Camper

Looking for a new trailer, was impressed with the Crossroads warranty. That was before I read this tread. It makes me realize even more that it's all in the fine print and the RV industry is a breed of it's own. Very interesting
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
Full Time Camper

I would not let the structure warranty inspection requirement deter me from buying a Crossroads products. There are way too many pluses. This inspection has nothing to do with the 2 year bumper to hitch warranty.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014