Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
New Camper

Cool Winegard G2+ Satellite with DirecTv

I am having issues with getting my Winegard G2+ carryout satellite to work in my 2016 Cruiser. If I hook it directly from the G2+ to the receiver (through a window) it works great. When I hook the antenna directly to the connect marked satellite on the trailer it no longer will get a signal to the Directv receiver. Does the Cruiser have the wrong size coaxial or is there a splinter causing the problem. I notice I have two hook ups outside. One marked for cable and one marked for satellite. However, inside the trailer there is two hookups, one hookup for the outside over air antenna and then one other hook up not labeled. Is there a easy why to run a dedicated satellite coaxial other than through a window? Can't seem to get it to work any other way. I'm guessing the cable coaxial and satellite coaxial is put together with a splitter somewhere before it gets to the wall connection behind the television?? HELP! FRUSTRATING!
P Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

many, MANY stories of spliters not being securely fastened OR some doofus stapled into the coax

My suggestion is to get a toner and test the lines... rerunning cable is not an easy proposition in some rv's ...

when one of my cables went bad, I got a 4 to 1 rocketfish switcher from best buy and hooked everything so it went down the 'good' cable
takes one more switch when I want to watch the blueray player, but that's not very often...
good luck !
Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

On ours the satellite hook up is separate from the antenna and cable. Our cable and antenna hook up run together and then there is a separate connection behind the TV for the satellite. More then likely that connection you said wasn't labeled is probably your satellite connection. Have you tried connecting your receiver to the connection that isn't labeled?

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
New Camper

I’m having same problem. Works when connected directly. I have tried the two outside connections labeled satellite and both of the ones behind the tv. Does anyone know what the connections are for in the first picture? They are above the sofa in our 2017 Cameo 38RL. And does it matter if you have the booster on or off? I think I tried it both ways and still not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LittleEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

If I remember correctly the power booster has to be off unless your using the antenna. Been a while since I used satellite on the 5er.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:22 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

The satellite will not work going though the booster there should be another cable connection for the satellite by the cable one you have to disconnect it from the cable one and connect it to the other one for the satellite then disconnect it from the back of the tv and connect it to the receiver and then from the receiver to the back of the tv at least that's how it works in mine.
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Sounds like you will have to take all cover plates off where there are any co ax cables and re crimp all connections ..remember that the guys racing their a** off to get home early from the assembly line are not cable guys or electritians and there is no quality dept to check if anything has been done right ...or saftely.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEagle View Post
I’m having same problem. Works when connected directly. I have tried the two outside connections labeled satellite and both of the ones behind the tv. Does anyone know what the connections are for in the first picture? They are above the sofa in our 2017 Cameo 38RL. And does it matter if you have the booster on or off? I think I tried it both ways and still not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have the same unit, did you figure out what these cables are above the sofa
fragu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
New Camper

No still have no clue
LittleEagle is offline   Reply With Quote