Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 345 Patriot. Is the winnegard antenna digital? I cannot get it to bring in any channels. The old camper had several channels that would come in while in the driveway. I had the booster button pushed also and still nothing.

Chris
ytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Do you actually have the crankup winegard antennae or the stationary Jenson antennae? If you have the winegard then buy the wingman addon for it. That will help the reception.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

To add to what dale said if you do have the wineguard you may also need to program the Tv to the antenna also. I have the wineguard even with out the wing man and it works Very well in most. Places.I originally had the Jensen and it was totally useless. JMHO Jb
Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I figured the antenna out and it works well. It is the Winegard. What is the wingman you are talking about?

Chris
Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
Site Team

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-wingman/44021

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytee
I figured the antenna out and it works well. It is the Winegard. What is the wingman you are talking about?

Chris

To first of all answer your question any antenna will pick up digital signal a coat hanger will do it BUTTTTT for a good strong multi channel rception a well designd antenna will do a much better job<< I have heard a lot of discussion on the wingman some positive some not so and this was real people who have or had them not on a forum.

I was up working on a roof leak for a person and he asked if I would remove his as he said it ain't no dang good anyways so I did..I have witnesssed two folks take theirs off.One offered it to any one who would like it.

Dalemac who posted above I do believe in his sucess as I know him andI am glad for him as many are not that lucky.. We get a bunch of channels if they are out there now after getting the Junk Jensen off and the wineguard on without the wingman!!! JMHO jbEdited by: John B
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks

Chris
Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I have had the Wingman on our crank up antenna for a couple of years now and with it our off air reception is improved. In the same areas we use to go without it I can now pull in signals I could not before.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

The old antenna was vhf and when they went digital they all went uhf this is why the add on gets more channels. The wingman helps the real weak channels come in.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

I'm about ready to take my Jensen antenna off, it seems to pick up very few channels, and no directional adjustment. Does anyone use the jack TV antenna? How well does it work.

Flyone
Old 07-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyone

I'm about ready to take my Jensen antenna off, it seems to pick up very few channels, and no directional adjustment. Does anyone use the jack TV antenna? How well does it work.

Flyone

I do know from several folks the add on head to put on an existing wineguard works very well. I seriously considered the complete Jack before my wineguard but I was worried about the placement on my roof .If memory serves me the jack only stands 12. Inches tall and and my roof pitch is so high it would' not be able to shoot over it. Digital is line of sight so I called their techs and he concurred with me so I went with the WG and am happy so far.Jmho Jb