Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
New Camper

2012 Zinger 28BH - Winter rating??

I know there are polar/artic packages but I can not find anything - manuals or spec sheets, that gives me an idea of how well this 2012 Zinger 26BH is going to handle the upcoming Ohio winter (I know how bad they can get).

It was comforting to see the undercarriage was covered, but just how well? No idea. I've already insulated and heated fresh water and waste lines & connects and I've skirted the TT with 2" RTech insl bd.
Faithracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithracer View Post
I know there are polar/artic packages but I can not find anything - manuals or spec sheets, that gives me an idea of how well this 2012 Zinger 26BH is going to handle the upcoming Ohio winter (I know how bad they can get).

It was comforting to see the undercarriage was covered, but just how well? No idea. I've already insulated and heated fresh water and waste lines & connects and I've skirted the TT with 2" RTech insl bd.
It's a rv with 1 1/2 - 2" thick walls, several windows, very little insulation in the ceiling & some with less in the floor so using anywhere near polar/artic conditions you will have freezing without further owner freeze prevention.
Typically those names are sales gimmicks!
Most all RVs can be called some cute 4 season type name & you will be comfortable in 2 of the 4 seasons, spring & fall.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Most of what travelintexans say is spot on. I would argue thought that we are also comfortable in the summer - in most states.

Arctic package, extreme weather package, 4 seasons package and so on are equivalent to the made-up “tow capacity” rating of trucks. Selling features. Some manufacturers will do a better job than others about describing what that package includes. For example ours has heated tanks, fully enclosed, insulated and heated under belly, dump valves in the enclosed & heated section, and then it gets very vague. Crossroads has a brochure on what is included in their extreme weather package but don’t expect high performance in freezing temps unless you take other measures like heated hose, window & vent covers, skylight cover, etc. We’ve taken many of these measures and haven’t had a freezing issue yet in 20 degree temps but many of my friends have had frozen lines.
Good luck.

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter camping, zinger 26bh, zinger winter