Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
New Camper

I zinger was bought new just put from dealer to campsite never moved again I keep it washed waxed roof cleaned with rubber cleaners and conditioners. I have had to fix thing that should not have been a problem. Water heater leaking, exhaust fan in bathroom switch, fan going bad now, drain under kitchen sink leaking and now roof leaking in the bedroom where the bunks are and I can't find the problem. I have removed the seats and table and roled the floor covering back trying to dry it out will I am still looking for leak! The warranty is crap a park model is not to be towed to dealer and it is fixed on site. They say I have to pay for service call and by time I pay that I could pay for part and fix it my self lot cheaper. Roof is leaking and I am the bad guy is the way they make me fill! I have a 2 year warranty and they will not honor it. I have to pay someone to look at it and they want to talk to him when he is here. Be fore I buy again I will research warranty service and see how has good feed back. Crossroads SUCK
hollywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

First off you have this post under "Zinger" and they are not a park model. Is your unit a Hampton park model? If your unit is in fact a Zinger then you will have to tow it to a dealer for warranty service. If it is a Hampton then my last paragraph pertains, of not then disregard.

Maybe I am just missing it somewhere but I no longer see any warranty information on the Crossroads web site. So that makes it a little hard to see what they warranty anymore.</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">[The warranty is crap a park model is not to be towed to dealer and it is fixed on site. They say I have to pay for service call and by time I pay that I could pay for part and fix it my self lot cheaper. Roof is leaking and I am the bad guy is the way they make me fill! I have a 2 year warranty and they will not honor it. I have to pay someone to look at it and they want to talk to him when he is here.]<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Do you still have the original warranty on your unit? If you have a two year warranty and Crossroads states in it that repairs are to be done on site since it is a park model then they should take care of the repairs and the service call. If the warranty is still good on your unit and they refuse to cover it I might look atseeking legal advise. They seem to be all over the board on their warranty coverage lately.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
Yes it is a park model and I am sorry to hear you have problems already. Is the leak from a roof vent or fan as you could fix this yourself if you have problems with Crossroads. Just document and take pictures and as stated look for legal help.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
New Camper

The dealer told me it was a park model yes it is a zinger and yes it is still under warrenty
Old 06-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The only park model Crossroads makes is the Hampton. I think your dealer mislead you.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Site Team

Don't know why but some Zinger dealers call this travel trailer a Park Model:
http://www.wanarv.com/rv/zinger-park-trailers.cfm and
http://www.terrytownrv.com/cf/shopma...productid=1158

Does not fall into what I and I'm sure others refer to as a Park Model.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
New Camper

My first camper and when I call crossroads they called it a destination trailer
Old 06-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood1
My first camper and when I call crossroads they called it a destination trailer
The Zinger web site and the Zinger brochure both call it a travel
trailer Don't accept any of their bulls###. Tell them you want this
corrected under your warranty.

Have the dealer pick it up and repair it correctly. Even a Park Model can be re-towed and taken back to a dealer.

Does it look like the trailer in the above links? Is so it's a travel trailer.

Post pictures if you have.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Hey, I could be wrong it has happened before but on the Crossroads web site they refer to the Hampton as a "Destination Trailer" and I don't see that mentioned on the Zinger. I think Crossroads should update their web site with important information people are looking for. I have yet to find anything about their warranty.

I would bet there are a lot of Zinger owners that would be interested to know they have what Crossroads considers a park model trailer. Good luck with your issues. If you are still under warranty they should be covered by your dealer and Crossroads regardless of what they consider your unit to be.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
Site Team

That Zinger Puma sure looks like a park model to me.
Regardless of what it's classified as, you sure are entitled your warranty.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I think they did have a Zinger park model for a while maybe two years ago

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

The two largest on the website are 41' long! I hope that would be a park model. Would make for a long tow length with a dually 4 dr!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads should be stepping up and helping solve the problem as this is a warranty issue!!!
If they continue to sour the mouths of buyers and owners they will not be looked upon as a place to go.
Good Luck with you PARK MODEL!!!!
</span>DESTINATION OR WHATEVER they want to call it
Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

To me a Park Model doesn't have holding tanks nor water tanks. A Travel Trailer does. Maybe a misunderstanding on my part..
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Who cares what they call it? No one tows a 40' unit with a double patio door - the unit is built for parking. Back to the topic, have you called Crissroads? Seems to me you pay the service call upfront and if its found to be a defect Crossroads has it repaired and reimburses you for the service call..... A unit that new shouldn't have extensive damage.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

It is a 2012, was it built before or after Sept 1, 2012? I ask because crossroads changed their warranty to 1 yr plus 12 point promise with all trailers built 9/1/12 or later. Before that was a limited 2 yr warranty. You may want to check out the boo hiss thread. Buried in that thread was a comparison of new vs old warranties by a crossroads exec. Another question, what was your purchase date? Ie how long have you owned the trailer. I do believe the above to be correct, in that you will have to pay a service call and be reimbursed if warranty is covered by crossroads.Part of that comes from some instances require owner to pay for repairs up front and then be reimbursed, this is usually related to what shop is doing the repairs and what their relationship is with crossroads. I would contact crossroads customer service, there are email addresses and phone numbers in many posts for who to contact. Best of luck to you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Yes it is called a destination trailer in their lit. but who cares it should still be warranted and buyer should feel he or she has Crossroads support. Have you got pushy with Crossroads as it seems this is a requirement.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #18
New Camper

I have the two year warranty and I have about 3 months left on it!i going to have some one ce
And fix it and send bill to crossroads going to make it a goal in my life