Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
New Camper

One thing I dislike on our 32QB is the light available in the kitchen area. If you park in a shaded area, you almost need to turn on the lights during daytime!

I really love the nice light coming from the skylight in the bathroom. I wish there would be the same skylight in the kitchen. It would be just perfect!

Anyone has modded this? I asked my local dealer and he doesn't want to do it... he doesn't like to cut the roof (structure integrity?, leaks, etc...).

Butttttttt I want one!

MikeXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I agree with the dealer, the more holes in the roof the greater chance of leaks, we were looking to upgrade and one of the specific questions I asked was if we could have one built with no skylites in the bathroom, all the unite we looked at were happy to accomodate....the less holes you have the less chance of problems

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXM
Butttttttt I want one!

I know what you mean. We have the same problem with our RF25RL. Seriously dark in there. I talked to an independent repair shop I have used for years about putting a skylight in. He said it could be done. His only concern was the A/C ducting in the ceiling. I want a skylight that has a shade that can be closed. I'm eventually going to get this done, was hoping to get it done over the winter this year but it didn't happen. Maybe next winter...

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote