Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Atwood Furnace

on my 2015 Zinger 31SB it has an Atwood furnace. The other day I went to fire it up and it started but then shut off with in a min. I shut things down and I was able to get it to fire but then shut down again. I started looking through the paper work found our camper has a 2 year warranty. I called Atwood they gave me some numbers so I can get it repaired. We have 2 in my area. one comes to the house and the other is a dealer and would need to drop off. I must say Atwood was very nice to deal with. She also told me they have been having problems with this unit. The service guy in my area stopped at the house today and opened it up. He told me there are only 2 things that it can be either igniter, or electrical board. Then he told me what was going on and it come down to the igniter. It would fire up but didn't heat up the element and thinking it wasn't fired up it would shut down after 3 tries of striking. He called Atwood and they again was awesome and parts would be here this Monday or Tuesday. (2nd day shipping). Problem is this unit has to be pulled out no front access panel. Just glad I didn't need it and I caught it before it gets real cold. I shall keep posted on an update.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Update on my heater the parts just got in and it is to be repaired tomorrow. took 2 weeks for the parts.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
Old 11-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good deal.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwill View Post
Update on my heater the parts just got in and it is to be repaired tomorrow. took 2 weeks for the parts.
Good news John.
Isn't it amazing tho how 2 day shipping can all of a sudden turn into 2 weeks?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:44 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Update it was the igniter. I was out side and helped with the install. So I know what to do. On my model you do have to slide the whole furnace out. Take the exhaust part off first and have to get the Black Part also. The part is easy to replace. Putting it back is challenging. Put the furnace in first then the exhaust. Took about 1/2 hour but talking and figuring it out was another 1/2 hour lol. Once you know it is easy. Shame that they got rid of the open front on the furnace it would have been 10 min at most. I haven't used it that much to have this part break. Atwood said they have had trouble with it but the new part should be better????? Lets Hope hate to do that every year.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA