Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I took delivery of my 2010 zt190rd on March 31st of this year. I love everything about it, however....it has the electric awning, I think it's 15' long, which I really didn't want thinking it was just something else to go wrong. I found it easy to use, though, which I guess makes it a plus....however. I'm guessing that it's been out maybe 25 times, including the (many) times that I extended it to show people how it works....never in any kind of windy conditions. It worked fine when I was on my annual vacation, now when I'm back I noticed that when I close it the arm to the front of the trailer retracts about 1/8" further to the front of the trailer than it should so that when it should clamp tightly around the part of the awning that's bolted to the side of the trailer, instead it binds right up against the upright. I have to either have someone hold it to the rear just a "tad" or extend just a "tad", go out and push it to the back myself and then re-retract it. Trailer is sitting on level concrete pad and I even tried it with jacks not extended....same thing. When I step back and compare the arms-- front and back--with awning open, the front looks like it sits just a bit to the front than it should, compared to the the way the back looks, however nothing looks bent. I'm thinking that this is something I can live with if it's not going to be a problem in the future. I definitely don't want to have someone detach and re-attach the "base arm" on the front to perhaps make it a bit more "true"....there's not room for that kind of tweaking, don't want more holes in the side of the trailer....any thoughts or advice? Thanks....and have a great 4th!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have the same trailer, I had the same feelings about the electric awning. I even asked the dealer if he would trade me for a manual one. He said no.

Anyway, everything I have heard about Crossroads Customer Service is great, and you have a two-year bumper to bumper warranty, so I'd say pay your dealer a visit and find out what he thinks.

Or, you could deal with Crossroads directly on their web page.

Good luck.

Davefitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

your in indiana call the factory they'll take care of you.

are you coming to the crossroads rally? it's a great time factory tours,meeting the reps,and lots of food.

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel

S.O.B (some other brand)

2011 Rockwood 8319SS
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Davefitz and Mike54, thanks for your replies. It's interesting, the past couple times I've just put out the awning and retracted to see how it's working, it's worked perfectly. I'm very cautious about having the awning out in any wind whatsoever, it seems that if I retract it when there is just a bit of a s/w breeze...trailer sits southwest to northeast...that's when it doesn't close right....so, I'm thinking it's more a factor of breeze...at least that's what I'm hoping. From what I've seen on this forum and others that seems to be one of the downsides of the awning....and about the rally. I really should come to that sometime....would be a great time to learn more about the trailers and meet some of the folks...can't do this year....maybe next. Thanks again for your replies.