Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
New Camper

Can you help me:(

Greetings Guys,
I have had a terrible week. Sorry so long but let me explain. Purchased a Zinger 2013 on the 14th, was told by the sales staff that the RV was inspected/test to ensure that it was in good working order. As soon as I took it off the Lot.. about 40 miles I stopped at a rest stop and my wife said the wheel looked funny. I look and it did appear the back axel wheels were canted and not aligned. Being new and ignorant I relied on the dealer and its standards (mistake). Other signs of concern, the power cord was fried (plug) if they inspected.. sure would have thought it would have been observed... called them next day.. they shipped out a cord for me.. yep me to install. then I found the sink handle was broken... then they replied to me. "so what makes you feel this is our responsibility"... I got ticked and did it myself. 5 days of owning it to a park to test it out (6 miles from home) and found the water pump not working... again I called and they told me to take it to a RV place near my home (I bought the extended warranty)... but to my sadness, the warranty would not accept it due it was still under 30 days... so I ended up paying 80 dollars to fix.

Now as I was driving off the lot.. the tech stopped me and said my axel was jacked up. He showed me what I saw earlier on the way home from the dealer. A check of warranty.. same as the pump Call the dealer, and he inferred that he could not verify what I had done once I drove off the lot... so we are fighting now... but... sorry for the delay...

Can anyone tell me what it would cost to have the axel replaced, the dealer put new tires on the trailer and I am sure they would have saw issues with the tires... but this is way above me... and I don't know all of my rights... I am just full of anger right now... so if you could help me with info... anything is appreciated
Humbep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Site Team

If you have resigned yourself to the fact that you will be paying the bill, then ask around and see if you can find a facility that will straighten the axles. I think you will have to look in the trailer or bigger truck category to find and axle alignment shop.

Sorry for all the mess you have.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

What is the problem with the axle? An axle replacement can be done with a buddy and a couple of floor jacks,it's just nuts and bolts pretty straight forward and only a few hours not a few months.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yea most will tell you anything to sell.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #5
New Camper

Hi and that's my consideration. The axel appears to be about 1 1/2 inches lower that the front one. The dealer in my town told me that the axels are usually arched up to some extent and this one is down. The wheels look like they are tilted and are not always aligned with the front set. I know I can do it but... buying a newer camper should not be this way for sure
Humbep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Your u-bolts on that axle maybe loose letting the axle roll. Try taking the weight off the axle loose the u-bolts and see if you can roll it back into place and retorque your u-bolts.