Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
New Camper

We took our 2005 ZT32QB out for the first time this year and I noticed some dripping from the fabric under the trailer near the front. I looked inside and there was NO water on the inside of the trailer, just these drips from under. We shut off the water and only turned it on when needed. Has anyone repaired the water lines on this, do I just need to slice the fabric to get to the lines or is this more involved?

Thanks
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sounds like some investigating is needed. Since this is the first time out this year, it could be rain water that was trapped above the membrane. I would try to isolate any leaks. Fill the water tank and turn on the pump with nothing else open. The pump should not run once it has pressurized. If it does, there may be a leak somewhere. You can also lower the front jacks and see if water still runs out. If that doesn't produce a leak, check all your drain plumbing. Again, with the front of the rig low, flush the toilet and wait. Then run the shower and wait. Do not cut the membrane. It is much better to remove it than to try and repair a cut/tear. Hook up to city water and try the run and wait test again. These can be tough to isolate but then again, it may just be rain water left over from last year. Good luck.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Last winter in Arizona our under belly would fill up with water. I had thought it was coming from the black water flush. We took took the unit to Kemptons in Mesa. Once they dropped the under belly they found that the gasket arround the grey water inlet pipe was tore. When the grey water would get full it would leak out. The hole into the tank was cut too small at the factory. When they inserted the pipe the gasket tore. They dropped the tank, fixed it and so far no problems. This was done under warranty

trac5 is offline   Reply With Quote