Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

The RV dealer in LaVergne TN who sold us our Zinger closed. What a major bummer. He was close enough to be handy and carried a lot of stuff an RVer would find useful. We bought a lot of things there. I was pretty surprised and upset to see them fold.....

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

sign of the times. hopefully it will bounce back.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Lifestyles RV in Mt Vernon, WA where several forum users bought their rigs closed as well. Most of the stock went across the street to Valley RV but not sure if they will continue to sell CR products.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Our dealer closed, and the remaining stuff was auction off today. I our case it was the owner who shot himself in the foot. Got rid of his sales staff and stopped inventorying anything but teardrop trailers

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Site Team

I am very happy to report---My dealer "Dick's RV" is suppose to be getting 4-6 new Cruisers.
Boy, the way it sounded last year, they were done with CR.
I was talking with the service manager about a week ago and he passed on the good news.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Our dealer in Airdrie Albertalost (I think)his Crossroads dealership, but was not a very worthy dealership after the sale,worranty work not his thing, said to us if the warranty would cost him a nickle he would not do any warranty work for us.I would drive now 4hours for warranty work in Spruce Grove Alberta an Awsome dealership.

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Our dealer seems to have given up on the Crossroads brand and appears to be selling just high end Carriage as they shop around for another entry/mid-level brand. They felt the units they ordered didn't have the level of fit/finish they were looking for and the Rep. for the Northeast that I met was, well.... Oh well.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

the dealer I bought from in Grafton, Ohio is no longer a crossroads dealer, they said the quality had gone down and they were not happy with the time it took for warranty checks to arrive, RV dealers are not like a car dealership. crossroads puts no up front cash into a dealership, so for either to break the contract is really not a problem, and in reality the dealership or crossroads is going to give you the real truth as to why they ended the relationship, delaers are only concerned with the bottomline, what they can buy at the best price and seel for the highest price, I don't believe for one minute that they really care as to what the brand name is....my dealer is now a carriage dealer, they used to sell prowler, and other fleetwood brands, they quit them and went with crossroads, I am pretty sure in a few years the carriage line will be gone and something new will come down the pike....it's a business, the bottom lime is alot more important than the brand..........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinella
sign of the times. hopefully it will bounce back.
I wish the economy would improve. It's getting depressing already. People I know with their hours cut, people laid off, more pets being dumped on us out here in the country. Businesses closing.... bummer.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Lifestyles RV in Mt Vernon, WA where several forum users bought their rigs closed as well. Most of the stock went across the street to Valley RV but not sure if they will continue to sell CR products.

No one seems to know where our dealer went. There's no "Moved to -----" sign anywhere on the building. It looks like they simply went out of business.

Does anyone know why this Forum no longer works using MozillaFireFox? I don't like IE8 but have to switch every time I come here.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

My Mozilla firefox still works here have not had any trouble

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Stan, I had suspected Lifestyles had closed when I couldn't access their website a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been up in that area recently so didn't know for sure. Valley RV will be at both the Seattle RV show and the Evergreen RV show so I will see if they have any Crossroads with them. I have heard good things about their service so hopefully they will handle it better than LIfestyles did. Lifestyles was good at the time of the sale but I found their warrantee service lacking.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Just checked the brochure for next week's Evergreen RV show here at the local fairgrounds. Valley RV is listed as the dealer for both Crusiers (sic) and Zingers. Hopefully this means they are intended to be theregular dealer for this area. Hope they have some newCruisers at the show. We are looking at moving to a new rig in about 2 years so will be starting themore intense looking here soon..

(pic coming soon!)
Old 02-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

That is great news for you, just remember when you do your research to allow for lots of patio lights

Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

Frank, the 18' awningis on the "must have" list...

(pic coming soon!)
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

I think you need one that runs the whole length of the unit

Old 02-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Lifestyles stopped selling RV's a few months back. They are now strickly motorsports (motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc.) I do not know if Valley RV is an authorized repair center but I know they have been around a long time and recently moved to their current location.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote