Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Quick question, I had been noticing the the display panel in my travel trailer keeps showing my "freshwater" level to be full. However, I have never filled it from the external outlet. Does this tank somehow automaticallyfill up when connected to city water? I'm about to head to Florida from Georgia and was concerned about weight and researched the fresh water tank and realized that there was a low point drain. When I unscrewed it,water has been pouring out for the longest now and my fill levels have decreased. This water had to be a pretty substantial weight addition to my total camper weight. Is this something I have to drain everytime I camp? I was under the impression that it only filled up if I filled it up from the external outlet. I've had my Zinger for 2 months and am still getting familiar with it, but this freshwater level thing has really confused me. Anyone out there familiar with this issue?
Thanks!

2012 Crossroads Zinger 26BL

2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew Truck w/V8

and Hercules...our mighty Chihuahua!
Poplin4GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

My fresh tank was full when the dealer delivered it to me.They said they filled it up to check for leaks and to make sure the monitor was working. After I emptied it, It has nevered filled back up again. I think once you empty it completely, there wont be any more water in it until YOU put more back in.

Michael and Shirley Kite

2011 Nissan Frontier

2011 Zinger 310SB

2007 Bailey the Meanie Weenie

2011 Zoey the Dapple Weenie
Apilldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

The other possibility is that you have a stuck check valve. Under normal conditions you shouldn't be able to fill your fresh tank off the city water connection, but if you have a piece of debris (i.e. from construction of the system) stuck in the check valve then it might slowly fill when the city water side is pressurized.

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
TrainSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your input...I'm hoping you're right about the dealership filling it to check for leaks...but I don't remember it saying full on our first camping trip. However, I have been researching a bit and found in some cases as you mention, debris has been found to clog the check valve...and it was suggestedthat oncefull the freshwater tank is full...to turn on the pump and it could possibly dislodge any trash. I never used and never had to drain the freshwater tanks in my previous travel trailer...so that's why I'm a bit confused. I'm sure I'll get it figured out eventually. I absolutely love my new Zinger 26BL and am heading to Destin Florida tomorrow from North Georgia...so was glad to find out that I just lessened my load by about 450 pounds by draining the freshwater tank. Now, if I could only lessen the load of stuff that my wife and kids have hauled into the camper!!

2012 Crossroads Zinger 26BL

2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew Truck w/V8

and Hercules...our mighty Chihuahua!
Poplin4GA is offline   Reply With Quote