Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hidden water damage

I have a 2014 Zinger 33BH. Bought it brand new. Have had issues with soft spots in floors by slide outs in past and had repaired. Discovered new spots and took it to RV repair. They have found water damage resulted from factory error - water leak inside bottom of closet that is close to outdoor shower and city water hookup. Mind you, I have never used outdoor shower and have never seen any water inside camper. This is obvious not sudden and accidental so my RV insurance is denying. RV repairman suggests going back to manufacture or RV dealer - Camping World. Warranty is out of course. Does anyone think I have any recourse? I lost my husband in 2018 and trying to handle things on my own but this is stressing me out trying to figure out what to do. Already over $5400 in repairs (replacing flooring, walls, etc. from rot) and RV repair has cut labor costs. Going to try to fight with RV insurance but I am an agent so I know how well that is going to work out - not. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 Zinger.jpg (395.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Mary Ann
I hate to say this but that is why many RV owners trade their campers in after several years...Insurance fights any claims you turn in and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their products...Sorry to hear about your husband and your dilemma with your camper, but at this point paying for the repair might be the only solution if you want to keep it...Did you contact the dealer at all & what did they say...??? Good luck...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Waiting to get photos of repair process and final bill to then contact Camping World to see if I have any luck there. Thank you.