Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Hot water re-set?

Hi! I’m new to RVing although my partner’s family had a trailer when he was little.

We are wintering in a Zinger 320 FB while waiting for our new house to be habitable, and will eventually use it to snow bird in New Mexico. It has performed admirably through a northern Ohio winter with insulated foam skirting and a space heater underneath along with a heated water hose. During a recent cold snap the hot water heater ( both gas and electric) stopped working.

The fuses and breakers look good, there is nothing loose inside the outside access port that I can see. The water is flowing well.

It is six moths old, having been moved a couple of hundred miles. There shouldn’t be any appreciable wear

I used to teach computer repair, so I know how to trouble shoot. I am a little embarrassed to say that I cannot find the re-set button. None of the documentation mentions it.

Can anybody tell me where Crossroads hid it? Or, if there is none, how to get it to re-light? Thanks, in advance!!
AnnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:45 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Need more info. What is manufacturer and model of water heater? There are about 20 ways water heaters quit. There are 2 different circuits, 120V for elec. and 12V/propane for gas. Selector switches on control panel, circuit board for water heater, corrosion, spider nests, bad ground, and oh so many more.
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
New Camper

Hot water

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have a Dometic WH-6GA, WH-6GEA, or WH-9GEA. According to the manual that came with the camper. Everything inside the outdoor access cover is pristine. No sign of insects , leaves or any other bio-intruders.

Other than a period of cold temperatures, nothing changed at the time it stopped working. The interior control switch’s light up normally
Old 01-09-2022, 06:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Have you checked the receptacle that the fridge is plugged into for power?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #5
New Camper

Hot water

The outlets etc are all working. My father in law checked the fuse for the water heater
Old 01-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #6
Site Team

Here is a link to a manual for your water heater : https://epi.dometic.com/externalasse...4379_81175.pdf . It shows a 2 amp fuse on the control board. Have you checked that? It is very unusual for both the 12v and 120v to quit at the same time so i would check that fuse as the control board is for both systems.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, re-set