Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
New Camper

I have a Zinger FZ29DS (29' trailer, dual opposing slide-outs in the back). We love this camper and it has tons of interior room. Just came from a big RV show and didn't see a trailer that came close. There's a video of one like ours at .

However, we had some initial quality problems that are troubling. After many trips to the dealer, we think they are all repaired. I'm passing this on in case you have similar problems. If so, take it back to the dealer for repair!
<ul>[*]Slide out tracks and motor - had the slide out fail three times. Dealer finally replaced the motors and linkages. Seems fine now.[/list]<ul>[*]Dealer realized that the hole in the outside skirt to insert the manual slide-out jack handle didn't align with the socket on the frame. Replaced our skirt and the skirts on all their in stock Zingers.[/list]<ul>[*]The slide-out upper seal ripped off on our first trip. The first repair by the dealer didn't work, water leaked in and ruined the slide-out facing boards. Dealer replaced the seal and facing boards.[/list]Good news - everything seems to be OK for the 2010 camping season.
Bad news - camper spent 4 of the six months since we bought it at the dealer being repaired.

TheManns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Welcome, CrossRoads service is second to none that we have seen, I hope this year is better for you. Our camper issues have been small enough that I could take care of them on my own, Hopefully that trend continues.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to Crossroads, sorry you had so many problems. Hopefully no problems this year.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We had a few minor problems with our Zinger also, but they've been fixed by the dealer. So far so good but now I think there's a problem with the fridge. I went out to find everything in the freezer thawed the other day. I wasn't too happy about that. I took the opportunity to clean the fridge and air it out. I'll be turning it back on to see if it works. We're going camping next month so will have to get it fixed if it went kaput. It's still under warranty but the dealer went out of business.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Oh Crap RanCar
This isn't good. I haven't been in ours since Turkey day. We had to do the nasty winterize.
I wish we were camping. Don't know if I could pull it out of the back yard.
Take care

2008 F150 4.2L V6 yes a V6

2009 Zinger 19RD
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Oh Crap RanCar
This isn't good. I haven't been in ours since Turkey day. We had to do the nasty winterize.
I wish we were camping. Don't know if I could pull it out of the back yard.
Take care

We had snow flurries this morning again and it's now 24F. I haven't been out to the RV yet. So I know what you mean. As soon as it warms up a little I'll turn it back on and see what happens. Personally, I think it crapped out on us.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I found if you put tall stuff on the shelf tight to the fins next to the red temp adjustor it will shut down. My wife has done this.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit
I found if you put tall stuff on the shelf tight to the fins next to the red temp adjustor it will shut down. My wife has done this.
Are you talking about the freezer or fridge part. Only the freezer had stuff in it. The Fridge was empty. There is no red temp adjuster. The temp is adjusted from the outside on the front.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
New Camper

Like the GTO. I will try to post some pic of my willis 46. 327 munic 4 speed bad to the bone.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
New Camper

Had my 29ds for 2 months. No issues yet. I have seen low 20s inArkansas this past month stays warm with just electric heat may not be sold as a 4 season camper, but sure acts like one. The only thing I would change is to add a foot to the already large bathroom and 2 foot to the bedroom the be able to make the bed easier. Looked for over 6 months before I found this model, like it better than most fifthwheel I looked at. Would recommend it to anyone.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote