Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
New Camper

Good Morning All! Me and the wife yesterday purchased our first camper...a Zinger 25SB through Grumbines RV in Harrisburg, PA. We go on our first camping trip next friday morning to Frontier Town, Ocean City MD! My first question about this is the size of the TV for the living area...The bedroom is not going to get a TV...I don't see the need...What will fit in that space, and how should it be mounted? Thanks for your time!
Trooper11040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Welcome Trooper, we are hoping to buy a TT fromGrumbines as well this fall. Frontier town is nice, but we like Fort Whaley a little better. Hope you have a great time!

2005 Dodge RAM 3500, CTD,QC, 4x4,SRW,48RE,3.73

Honda EU6500is

Mini Dachshund
bigdave442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Congrats it's nice to see when people buy then use right away instead of hoping to use sometime

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new Zinger.They are one nice camper.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
New Camper

On our ZF29BH the space was big enough for a 32" LCD, but the dealer only supplied a 24" LCD. However, after installing it the 24" is nice as there is room to easily adjust it and get at the cables though the picture is barely bigger than my computer monitor.

We went with a swing-out wall bracket, this is nice as you can adjust the viewing angle to where you might sit.

The issue is our dealer told us not to travel with the TV in place, makes sense as even though Crossroads gives you about 2" of wood to mount the bracket to in the TV opening, the TV only has screws that insert about 1/8" into metal to hold it to the bracket.

I was very nervous drilling into the mounting area, but the dealer refused to do it for me, they just gave me the TV and the mont and said I was on my own to install it due to the liability if it failed. In the end it went pretty easy and I didn't hit anything but seemingly solid wood in my installation. A drawing from the manufacturer would have been nice to tell me exactly where I could drill and what I was drilling into, but these trailer don't seem to come with any sort of an owners manual from the manufacturer, just many pamphlets from the sub-suppliers.

Go with a swing arm that has a knob where you can easily remove the TV for transport and lay it in its foam box under the bed during travel. That has worked well for me on my two outings to date.

Of course with other problems with our trailer I haven't been able to watch a simgle show yet on the TV, so I can't say our set-up is the best...