Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
Lee
Weekend Camper

Keep pipes and tanks from freezing

Hi, I'm a newbie full time RVer. I have the 2020 Crossroads Zinger 33ft. It has an Extreme Weather Package.
1. What all does that entail?
2. How do I prevent my pipes and tanks from freezing this winter without having the furnace on all the time? (I went through propane VERY quickly this week)

Thanks for your help!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Hopefully you know that you don't have a 4 season RV?
How are you using your RV? Just for camping, or are you thinking of living in it full time this winter? If full time, you might encounter some problems this winter if you are going to be in CO.
If just for occasional camping, you might consider electric heaters to supplement. That is if you have electric where you will be setup.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Four season, artic, extreme & polar (even 1/2 towable) are simply sales gimmick names to sell RVs.
All those packages mean that the underbelly is enclosed with either Darco (black fabric) or Coroplast (plastic cardboard) with a layer of Reflectix (shiny bubble wrap) above those with a 2", possibly 3", furnace duct blowing into the underbelly which in extreme, polar or artic conditions you'll most likely have frozen pipes, especially if not running the furnace.
If you'll be stationary for winter the best option his to rent a large LP tank from the local distributor with a contract to keep it filled, as you mentioned the furnace is a huge LP big.
If not necessary to be in those areas head south til you run out of those possible temps.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pipes, winter