Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello

I have been looking into the purchase of a zinger 19rd this spring and have a couple of questions I have not been able to find the answer to on the crossroads website. This group seems to be a wealth ofknowledgeand I am hoping it can help me on my path to TT ownership.

what kind of brakes are standard on the 19RD?

When looking at different websites sometimes I see 19rd also 19rds and 19rdse. What if any does the s and the e stand for?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
bdewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I believe they are 10" electric brakes on both axles.

We have the RDSE. Ithink it is the "budget" model. No oven. 2 burner stove. No ducted heat. Wall mounted heater. (does the job). Old fashion manual pilot light water heater. Where the other models have drawers, this one just has cabinets. Front overhead is a shelf. No doors. Mostly nit-picky things. When we bought this one, we didn't know about the others. The brochure was useless. You might want to look at each model if possible.

Good luck and make sure you do a complete walk-thru on whatever you buy, preferably before you sign the papers.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have a 2010 19rd and did a LOT of research before buying. In fact, I had to look around quite a bit to find the original rd when it came time to purchase. Here are at least some of the differences that I found. Mine has 3 burner stove and oven, newer ones, just 2 burner stove and no oven, I think some of the newer ones have plastic sinks, mine is stainless, I have a cabinet above the bed, newer ones have a shelf, mine has jalousie style windows, new ones have sliders---this was the deal breaker for me, it had to have the jalousie style. Mine has drawers under dinette, not sure about newer ones, mine has ducted heat, forced air furnace, 30lb propane bottles, mine has an adjustable tv mount on wall as opposed to shelf. Mine has wide entry door with window glass in door. I actually watched them build the 19rd and looked at several at the factory and knew exactly what I wanted...when they started changing things, making it cheaper, I knew more than the dealers that I talked with trying to find a "real 19". I hope this is helpful info for you...ask away if you have more questions.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We have a 2012 CT27BHSE - The "S" or "SE" comes from model designation. The "SE" units are special editions, and do not come with some of the standard features the other Zinger's have. I imagine this cuts costs. The 19RD, 27BH, and 27RK are "SE" models.

The "S" comes from RV decal. Ours is labelled "CT270BHS" by the door.

Even though some of the features we were expecting didn't come on the "SE", we love the trailer. Items that may be listed but not included are the dinette drawers, shower skylight, and 30lb propane (you get 20lb). These seem to be well built and we are anxious to take it out next week!
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote