Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Lower panels on side

Does anyone know if lower side panels are available and in the correct colour? Left side between slide and angled panel that goes to front.

2013 Zinger ZT260BH
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
Gone Traveling

On an 8 year rv I'd bet the odds of finding that piece would be very slim, if you do you may want also buy a lottery ticket.
Contact Trekwood.com with your vin#, they may be of some help, but you'll need a trip to the bank or win the lottery to pay their shipping if they by chance have it.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
Does anyone know if lower side panels are available and in the correct colour? Left side between slide and angled panel that goes to front.

2013 Zinger ZT260BH
Check out this site also: https://www.recpro.com/rv-slideout-trim/
Or give them a call.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Site Team

Those trim panels will not be available as they technically do not exist. What i mean is they are "made " from a roll of material then the rolled edge is added. Think the seamless gutters on your house.

Find a camper repair or better a camper collision repair place and they may make them for you - may. They may only make them if they do the installation because that's where the money is but you never know till you ask.

When i had my slide floor replaced I also had them replace the trim panel from the slide to the rear of the camper and this is how they did it and they were able to match the color pretty close.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
On an 8 year rv I'd bet the odds of finding that piece would be very slim, if you do you may want also buy a lottery ticket.
Contact Trekwood.com with your vin#, they may be of some help, but you'll need a trip to the bank or win the lottery to pay their shipping if they by chance have it.

I found what I’m looking for on here except panel only comes 135” long. They have correct colour too for 60.88 USD and I’m sure big bucks to ship to Canada. And it will be bent in half for sure.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Lower panels on side

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Those trim panels will not be available as they technically do not exist. What i mean is they are "made " from a roll of material then the rolled edge is added. Think the seamless gutters on your house.

Find a camper repair or better a camper collision repair place and they may make them for you - may. They may only make them if they do the installation because that's where the money is but you never know till you ask.

When i had my slide floor replaced I also had them replace the trim panel from the slide to the rear of the camper and this is how they did it and they were able to match the color pretty close.

I’ll look into an RV place or possibly a Hutterite Colony that can supply and put the 2” radius on it. My wife works at an auto body shop so colour match will be close, even if I have to paint the 3’ section ahead of this 62” piece.

Installation is nothing. 2 screws at front, 2 at back and one on a support rod in the middle. Top slides into outer wall panel.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #7
Site Team

Looks like you found it.

That was one thing that my repair shop said was the shipping on panels like that is crazy. Has to be crated and oversize truck shipping so they just buy the stock - cut the length needed and roll the radius. Quick and easy.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Well I ended up fixing the panel myself. My skills as a ex body man came out. I don’t have pictures right now as I’m out of town. I did the metal finishing and heat shrank the panel as much as I could. Aluminum acts a little different than steel. My wife took it to the bodyshop she works at and they did a little bit of glazing and painted it. For free so I couldn’t complain about price. They matched paint pretty good too.