Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
New Camper

Missing supports?

I have a 2009 Crossroads Zinger, and spring fever is setting in. I was looking under my TT and noticed one of the supports under the trailer was bent - the one attached to the gas line. It also seemed like there was a huge section that had no supports holding up the black shell and missing screws around the edges. I'd like to know if I truly am missing supports, or I'm just seeing things?

It looks like I can get aluminum C Channel from my local hardware store that would span across this.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

CR had issues back in the years of your rig and mine. They didn't have enough supports under the water tank and the holding tanks. Consequently there was some tanks actually falling out. At that time there was a lot of us adding additional supports across the trailer to prevent this. Some of the rigs didn't have heavy enough plywood under the tanks either. So there was an awful lot of us doing some reinforcing.
I wonder what is on the other side of the black membrane on your trailer where it seems to be bagging down in the picture? Water tank or holding tank? I have even seen where there was a water leak and it was setting there on top of the membrane.
You might want to open it up a little and take a peek up in that area.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #3
New Camper

Really good to know some tanks actually fell out... That is a little scary.

Hopefully it isn't water being trapped inside of there, I'll see if I can unscrew some of the edges there and find out what is in there or maybe cut a small hole in there. The water tanks are on the front side of this trailer, gray appears in the middle, and black farther next to that farther back. Where it is sagging badly from looking at it appears where the gray and the fresh water tanks meet up.

Maybe I should look around for some steel C channel to support more weight...