Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
New Camper

New 2021 Zinger Pre-Wired for Connect 2.0 but the wire is missing

I bought a 2021 Zinger back in November which was advertised as being pre-wired for the Winegard Connect 2.0. I recently purchased the Connect 2.0, and proceeded to install it myself, when I climbed up on the roof and located the cap where the pre-installed installation wire was supposed to be I took the cap off and no power wire was anywhere to be found. I called Crossroads who told me that I needed to call the dealer. I called the dealer who told me that It may have shifted in transit and it just may be hidden somewhere. Ive installed a few of these things on pre-wired units and its very unlikely that it would have shifted.

Fast forward a few weeks the dealer i bought the unit from back backed up about a month, so i took the unit to my local camping world to have the unit installed and to see if they could find the power "pre-wire". Camping world called back today and told me that the wire is not there. Per camping world they will contact cross-roads to see if they can run the wire and have it covered under warranty.

Has anyone ever experienced this, did cross-roads grant the fix and if so how long did it take?
bmlentz17 is online now Report Post
bmlentz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Slightly different circumstances but similarish. I had the dealer install the Winegard 2.0 and when I arrived in NC for my work deployment it would not power on. I checked everything I could and ended up taking it to a local Camping world who discovered the power wire was too short and had 2 staples through the power wire, thus shorting it out. They back charged my dealer for shoddy workmanship, secured payment from them and fixed my problem. I guess there is some bantering between shops to see who can do the absolute worst work and try and get away with it.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote