Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My '12 Zinger ZT260BH's yellow weight sticker on the door says that a full load of fresh water weighs 332 lbs.

332/8.3 lbs. per gallon = 40 gallons

The sticker on the drivers side (outside) says a full tank weighs 282 lbs (34 gallons) + 50 lbs (6 gallons) hot for a total of 40 gallons.

The brochure for the '12 Zingers states it has a 54 gallon fresh tank which should weigh 448 lbs.

I emailed the factory and theyinitiallysaid there was a 40 gallon tank. I asked if that included the hot water tank or was itseparate?

They came back with:

"I took this to our Service tech and he sent it to engineering and this is what we found out.</span></span>The weight on the tag is wrong, we put a 54 gallon tank in there. That doesn’t include water in the water heater. We will update the tag."
</span>
</span>
</span>Confusing!</span></span>
Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Cool sounds like you got what you paid for then! Or you can look at it as you got more for your money than they originally had said in your first email response from them!! LOL

Now should you send them a bil for a consulting fee because you pointed out the sticker being wrong?

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Speaking of tank capacity. I am buying a ZT25SB which has three waste tanks. The spec sheet says gray water is 40 gallons. I asked the dealer if that meant 20 gals for the galley tank and 20 gallons for the bathroom grey tank. He said it was 40 gallons each. Why doesn't the spec sheet say grey water is 80 gallons then? Can someone confirm units with three tanks have two 20 gal tanks or 2 40 gallon tanks?
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

My cruiser has 3 waste tanks and it has 2-40 gal. for grey water and the third is 40 gal. for black water.

Looking online that Zinger shows that it only has 1 grey water tank. Maybe when the rep was talking he meant it had 3 tanks total. 1- freshwater, 1- grey water, 1-black water. ?

The only way to tell is, if the lines underneath have 2 dump valves for greay water and 1 valve for black water.

My grey dump valves are on each side of the piping, one coming from close to the shower area and the other closer to the wheels, so they are on 2 different lines coming to the main drain area.Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

My unit has a combination dump forward of the wheels. A small line (grey water) comes to a dump valve and a larger line (black water) comes to it's own dump valve. Both go into a "Y" with one cover where the sewer hose connects. Then, in the rear (I have a rear kitchen) there is another dump valve with a small pipe and another sewer hose connection which is supposed to be the grey tank for the kitchen sink. Dealer says, just connect a garden hose to this one for draining. So, since the brochure says, and I quote; "Grey/galley capacity - 40 gallons" I wondered if it was 40 each or 20 each.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I suppose you could look underneath and see if the 2 gray tanks are close in size to the black tank...if they are, then you likely have (3) 40-GAL. tanks.

Ours (27BHSE)only has a 26-gal. gray tank...fills fast!
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote