Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Zinger ZT25SB, 2011 model.

If you have a similar model, with the refrigerator mounted in the slide out; does your fan (mounted behind the fridge) cycle on and off constantly while the fridge is in a cooling cycle? Mine has done this for 2 years now. I don't see a problem but just wondered if it was normal. If the fridge was not in the slide, the upper vent would be on the roof and natural convection might prevent heat build up but I can see where a fan is needed in the slide mounted fridge. It's the cycling I'm questioning v/s it coming on, running for the duration of the cooling cycle and then turning off. Mine comes on for less than a half minute, shuts off for about the same amount of time, turns on again, etc etc.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

It sounds to me like the fan thermostat needs to be relocated to where it's not in the direct flow of air but still in the compartment air. That make sense???
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Yes, that makes sense. But, I was really not looking for a fix as much as looking to see if my installation was acting the same as others. If we are all the same; I don't want to monkey with it. If I'm the only one, then the next question is where is the thermistor (heat sensor) located on the other rigs.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

When it gets warm out - say 75 degrees or when my slide is in the sun it runs constantly - the fan never cycles. The thermostat may be bad too, The thermostat is on the end of the condenser - button looking thing. I added a second fan on mine (thermister controlled and very quite). I took pictures and posted them on the forum - look under my postings in - Cruiser - Refrigerator vents.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...igerator-vents

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

My fan never came on. Even when it was in the 90's, it stayed off. Maybe the older units had a different temp setting for cycling. I disconnected the sensor and installed a on/off switch. Now when the weather gets hot, I just turn on the fan manually.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I did the same as Stan. I installed ours on a switch and mounted it in the wall next to the fridge and when it is going to be 90* or higher during the day I flip the switch and we let it run until we go to bed then turn it off. It has worked great for several years now.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote